Chapter 28: FAMILIAR FACES (REMNANT part 3)

The scene picks up some time after the last chapter. Arcturus was making final repairs to his gauntlet and it was fully restored to its original condition. He also got in contact with the fairies from Yen Sid's tower and they made the girls some new clothes to help make sure they don't get turned into Grimm again until his fight with Cronos was done. During that time, he removed the bandages to see his right arm burnt up to his forearm. He was about to put on regular cloth wrappings over it until he hears a knock.

Arcturus: (turns to see Ruby) hey, Rubes. You look good.

Ruby: (In outfit from station of awakening) thank you. I came by to make sure you're ok.

Arcturus: I should be asking you that. How are you feeling?

Ruby: better. Getting use to being the old me again. (Looks at his arm) I guess I really wasn't dreaming when I saw that.

Arcturus: what do you mean?

Ruby: (steps closer) I saw your memories. When you helped me, I somehow saw everything you've been through.

Arcturus: I saw your memories, too. And not just yours, but, I guess the silver eye was strong enough to see the other's memories, as well. (Sigh) that's one big way of invading privacy.

Ruby: (places a hand on his burnt one) what I'm trying to tell you, is that there's no reason to blame yourself. You've been saving so many people on the worlds you've been on. You're like a huntsman helping people. But, you can't keep blaming yourself for everything. If you do, then you'll never be able to move on. Plus, (holds his hand) you don't need to carry the burden alone.

Arcturus: (small smile) since when did you get so wise?

Ruby: I've had good friends to help me.

The two then were in silence and just looked at each other while holding hands. They didn't know how long they were like that until they heard the snapping sound. They turn to see the girls in their new outfits from the stations and Yang holding her scroll taking a picture.

Yang: you two look cute together.

Ruby: (blushes and pulls hand away) it's not like that! (Speeds to grab scroll) and give me that!

Yang: (holds scroll out of reach) relax, I'm just messing with you. We came by to tell you we made it back to the ship.

Arcturus: (finishes wrapping his arm) good. (Puts on fixed gauntlet) let's go.

After recovering, the girls had the chance to catch up on what they've been through. During that time, Blake explained to them that the White Fang were on their way to Mistral to attack Haven Academy. She and other Faunus were going to help stop them, but Blake was captured by Cronos after they set sail. Now that they were free from the darkness, Blake asked Arc to drop her off back on the ship so she could help her people.

Arcturus: (steps out on the ship with Blake) you sure you don't want to come back with us, yet? They forgive you, and they could use all the help they can get.

Blake: they will. We'll be there to fight the Fang and whatever other forces will be there. But, to do that, I need to be here and help my people. Besides, (notices Sun) someone's gotta keep an eye on him.

Arcturus: alright, but if you change your mind, give me a call and I'll be back in a few seconds.

Blake: (remembers something) hey, Arcturus, can I ask you something?

Arcturus: sure, what's up?

Blake: on one of the worlds you were at, you said that androids were people just as much as humans are. Do you believe the Faunus are, too?