3

'Oh boy...'

~~~~~~~~~~

After school, Ellie's voice was hoarse as she had been singing for the rest of the day. When she finally got out, she decided to wait for Yoongi. She watched as he walked out with his earphones in his ears. Ellie, finally deciding to break down her walls and actually be nice to him and all that, skipped over to him and pulled one of his earphones out and placed in her ear.

A nice melody filled her ears and she smiled. She looked over to the boy who seemed to be a little startled at the sudden actions but he was smiling, so it wasn't all bad.

"Hey," Yoongi waved, "How do you like the song so far?" He asked her cautiously.

"It's amazing! It's my type of music." Ellie beamed and continued to listen through the earbud.

"I'm glad you like it." Yoongi said, "I wrote it."

"Really? You're so talented!" Ellie complimented, making the boy's cheeks turn bright pink in a matter of seconds, but she decided not to say anything about it.

They began to walk over to the street that Ellie lived on. Ellie realized this and pulled the earbud out of her ear. "You need to go home too. I'm sorry." She said, and, since she was interested in anything and everything about different places, including Asia and the culture there, she bowed to be polite and began to walk away.

About five minutes passed until Yoongi ran up to the girl and laughed a little awkwardly.

"I am going home." He shrugged. Ellie looked over at him confused. She shrugged and continued to walk. When she noticed her house, she fumbled in her pocket to get her keys. Once they were safely in her grip, she ran up to her front door and swung it open, but she didn't walk in.

"Ellie? Is that you? Get in the house, It's freezing!" Her Mother called.

"Okay, okay. Just a moment." She called back into the house as she watched Yoongi walking towards her house. He turned his head and waved. Ellie waved back with a bright smile but didn't walk in. 'I need to know where he lives, just in case...' Ellie thought.

Not a moment passed before she noticed Yoongi opening and walking into a house a little down the road from her own. She smiled, nodded to herself and closed the door after she walked in. She locked it and greeted her Mother who was in the kitchen, making dinner.

"What was that about? You need to listen to me, young lady!" Her Mother burst with splotches of red all over her face from the anger.

"Mum, calm down. It's not that important. It's just... my friend..." Ellie said carefully. She wasn't sure how her Mother would react as Ellie often vented to her and complained that she didn't have any friends.

"Your friend? Okay then... What's her name?" her Mother asked, delighted at the news she was hearing, all her anger long gone by then.

"... It's a he..." Ellie said slowly and watched as her Mother stopped cutting the onions and looked up at her.

"It's a guy?" She asked. When Ellie nodded, she sighed and got back to cutting.

"Is that such a bad thing?" Ellie asked, rolled her eyes and went up to her room. She flopped on her bed and got her phone out of her bedside table drawer, suddenly remembering that she didn't get Yoongi's number.

She cursed aloud and went back downstairs.

"I'm going out! I'll be back in a few!" Ellie called as she pulled on her boots.

"Better not be going to that boy's house!" Her Mother called back. Ellie sighed.

"It is to that guy's house. Stop being overdramatic. We're just friends." Ellie sighed and smiled softly at the thought of them dating. She shook it off quickly and opened the door.

"You have twenty minutes! When you get back, get changed and eat dinner! Take the keys! I'm going out tonight!" Her Mother called as she made her way upstairs. Ellie sighed and snatched the keys before closing the door.

'Ever since Dad left us, Mother is always going to other guys' houses...' Ellie thought as she walked down the steps and up the street and to the house where she noticed Yoongi walking into.

She walked up to the front door and knocked on it softly. There was a grumble and a crash, followed by a string of curse words.

"Coming!" The voice called. Ellie waited patiently until the front door was swung open, revealing none other than Yoongi.

"Ellie? What are you doing here?" He asked, rubbing his shin. Ellie smiled and looked down at her phone.

"I came here to ask if it was okay... if it was okay to get your... you know... number?" Ellie asked, a little nervous. When she didn't get a reply, she looked up and Yoongi had his phone in his hand with a small smile.

"Sure." He replied simply and showed Ellie the phone, "You put your number in and I'll put in mine." He told her.

When the phone number exchange was done, Yoongi politely asked her if she wanted to come in but Ellie declined quickly.

"I'm really sorry, but I can't. I have to go home and... and my Mother isn't keen on guy-friends..." Ellie squirmed uncomfortably. Yoongi's face fell.

"Well, what if I come over to your house?" He asked. He seemed hopeful. Ellie looked at him and bit her lip.

"Well... My Mother isn't going to be home till tomorrow..." Ellie reasoned, watching Yoongi's face rise, "So... Maybe for the night?" She asked. Since it was Friday, they didn't need to be up early and Ellie doubted that her Mother would be home any time near the morning the next day.

Yoongi rushed back into his house and got a plastic bag and filled it with clothes and pyjamas. He walked out and smiled at the girl who waited.

"Let's go!"