11

"Absolutely!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Yoongi led the girl into the first small treehouse on the bottom, so-called, floor and let her look around, letting go of her hand.

Ellie wandered around freely in the space that was more of a hallway other than a room of sorts.

It had a small desk at the far end of the room and a painting on one of the walls. The walls had lights at the top, making the whole place look slightly ethereal. 

"Wow

"Wow..." Ellie muttered, looking around and noticing the black spiral stairs that led up higher. She looked over at Yoongi pleadingly and he nodded, watching as the girl ran up the steps happily to the second treehouse that was slightly higher up. Yoongi followed quietly behind her, stopping in the doorway as he observed the girl's face light up at the look of the room.

It was bigger and seemed to be a living room-like area. It had an orange chair and an orange couch, with a small wooden coffee table in front. There was a TV that looked as if it worked and another small desk with a black leather chair. There were photos and paintings scattered around the room and papers full of writing covered the desk. There was a big redwood door built into one of the walls. That was where the balcony was. 

Ellie looked at Yoongi and smiled

"You really built all of this?" She asked, slightly disbelieving the boy. Yoongi nodded.

"I was really bored." He shrugged. "It's kind of an important place. I live here most of the time." Yoongi sighed as he looked around. Ellie had her mouth open in wonder.

"You live in this treehouse?!" She exclaimed, startling Yoongi a little. Yoongi nodded slowly.

"Only sometimes. When I have to write a song or compose something, I usually stay here until I'm done." He shrugged, walking over to the bright orange couch and plopping himself on it with a sigh.

Ellie followed Yoongi's actions and sat down next to him.

"How long have you stayed here for?" Ellie asked curiously. Yoongi exhaled heavily and furrowed his eyebrows in concentration.

"I think the longest I've ever stayed in here is for a month," Yoongi confessed. Ellie whistled and jumped up.

"What's behind the door?" Ellie asked, before walking over and hovering over the doorknob.

"A balcony," Yoongi replied. Ellie didn't move. Yoongi rolled his eyes and stood up, opening the door of the balcony for the girl. "You can have a look if you want." Yoongi shrugged, leaning against the doorframe. Ellie smiled timidly at the boy and wandered in.

The balcony didn't have much on it. It was simple wood and it overlooked the tops of some slightly smaller trees, but still managed to overlook the nearby beach. 

Ellie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked over at Yoongi, who was smiling fondly at her

"Is there a beach nearby?" She quizzed. Yoongi smirked and tapped the side of the tip of his nose, telling her non-verbally that it was a secret. Ellie huffed and stomped back into the cosiness of the living room and looked over to the stairs, rushing towards them.

At the top, on the last floor, there was another room, but this one looked fresh and new. It looked like a place from a fairytale.

There was one small bed and a bedside table at the farther end of the room. The room itself was covered in windows and the roof was made of glass. 

Ellie looked out of the window, not seeing the beach anymore because of the trees that covered the view

Ellie looked out of the window, not seeing the beach anymore because of the trees that covered the view. They were surprisingly still.

Yoongi walked in and smiled.

"This is the most special room in the house," Yoongi announced, sitting down on the bed. Ellie looked over at him, curious but slightly confused at the announcement.

"Why?" She asked. Yoongi patted the space on the bed next to him and smiled. Ellie sat down and waited for an answer.

After five minutes of silence, Ellie was about to ask again, when Yoongi finally began to speak.

"This was the first room I have planned to build, in memory of my Mother." Yoongi smiled a little sadly. Ellie looked over at him with hurt-filled eyes. She placed her hand on the boy's shoulder and squeezed lightly.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, Yoongi." Ellie smiled a little at the boy who was now facing her. The boy pursed his lips and shook his head.

"I planned this room when I was only ten when my Mother became sick. I wanted to come back here and finish but my dad wouldn't let me." Yoongi paused a little. "I finished it a few weeks ago, right before I started school." Ellie nodded in understanding and squeezed the boy's shoulder again. Yoongi smiled at her lovingly.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi. I didn't know about all this." Ellie whispered, a tear rolling down her face as she looked down at the ground. Yoongi smiled and tilted the girl's head back up, wiping the tear away.

"It's okay. It was a long time ago." Yoongi smiled softly and kissed the top of the girl's head. "How about we leave this place and go down to the other place that I wanted to show you?" Yoongi suggested. Ellie sniffed and nodded her head. She stood up and walked down the black stairs quietly.

At the bottom, Yoongi intertwined their hands back together and made a silly face at the girl, making her giggle and let go of his hand.

"Last one there is a rotten egg!" She shouted as she sprinted towards the stairs and down them, disappearing out of sight in a matter of seconds. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Aish, you're going to be the death of me." He sighed as he began to jog over to the stairs. "So childish."