13

"Is this a dream?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie walked into the living room, greeting her Mother who was drinking wine and reading a book that Ellie couldn't recognise. Her Mother glanced up at her and smiled a little.

"Did you have fun?" She asked. Ellie looked down and nodded. Her Mother continued to look at her, a little suspicious. "What did you guys do today?" She asked. Ellie looked at her Mother and blushed, not failing to catch a glimpse of her smirk.

"Nothing much," Ellie replied hastily as her face grew even more heated by the second. "I'm really tired. Goodnight." She waved and rushed upstairs, hearing her Mother laugh aloud to herself.

Ellie, on the other hand, rushed into her room, closed the door and flopped onto her bed, screaming into her pillow in embarrassment. She sat up as the door opened.

"He told you he likes you, didn't he." Her Mother stated. Ellie looked at her in disbelief but nodded shyly. "Knew it." She smirked and closed the door.

Ellie sighed as she stood up, pulling her hair in slight frustration at her emotions. She wasn't supposed to fall in love so quickly, especially not in the third year of high school. Especially not after him.

"Ugh. I need a really cold shower." Ellie sighed, grabbing a long white towel, her bathing robe and a sports bra and a pair of shorts since it was a really warm night.

After she had showered and dried her hair, she let it hang loose and walked into her room, only to see her phone light up. It was a message from Yoongi.

Yoongles❤😜: Hey~

Ellie💜🎶: What's up... Miss me already? ;)

Yoongles❤😜: Never :P

Ellie💜🎶: What did you want anyway?

Yoongles❤😜: nothing. Just bored. I wanted to talk to you. I'm at your door. :)

Ellie looked up from her phone with wide eyes. She suddenly heard the front door open and her Mother's voice greeting Yoongi. Ellie grabbed the bathrobe and wrapped it securely around her figure and then flung the door open.

She rushed downstairs and looked into the living room, where Yoongi and her Mother were both seated and quietly chatted about God knows what. She cleared her throat and Yoongi looked at her, smiling brightly.

"Ellie!" He jumped up, planning to envelop you in a hug which you instinctively blocked, watching as her Mother stood up, grabbed her purse and nodded to her daughter.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning. Don't do anything stupid." Her Mother called and walked out of the house, leaving the pair alone in the living room. Ellie finally let go of the boy's white t-shirt she was holding in a fist to stop him from touching her, and let him envelop her in warmness.

Yoongi tucked his head in the crook of Ellie's neck and smiled. Ellie let go quicker than Yoongi and smiled at him a little awkwardly, feeling as if her bathrobe wasn't secure enough around her body.

"What're you doing here? We saw each other, like, an hour ago?" Ellie questioned, to which Yoongi shrugged.

"I wanted to see you." He said and winked. Ellie rolled her eyes and turned around trying to hide her blush as she left for her room, Yoongi trailing behind her.

They walked into Ellie's room and the girl sat on her bed, observing Yoongi as he wandered around her room, looking at everything she had around the room.

Yoongi stopped in front of a large poster of a Korean band. Ellie panicked and threw her dark purple pillow at the boy's head. He didn't budge. Ellie looked down in shame, ready to hear the hurtful words that she always does. She closed her eyes tightly in preparation. Nothing came, just a small dip in her bed, signalling that Yoongi sat down.

"You know them?" Ellie asked the dreaded question. She'll just look like an idiot in front of the boy that she likes if he says he doesn't, but Yoongi nodded.

"Yeah. Everyone in Korea knows them." Yoongi paused. "Didn't know you did though." He smiled at the girl who smiled back softly.

"Their voices are really nice." Ellie shrugged to what Yoongi nodded in agreement and suddenly turned his body to face Ellie and simply glared at her.

"Why did you throw that pillow at me?" He asked as Ellie blushed and looked down, trying to bite down a laugh at how serious the boy looked.

"I thought you would judge me." She shrugged, still not looking up. Yoongi chuckled and tilted the girl's head so that she was looking him in the eyes and smiled, caressing her cheek.

"I could never." He smiled. Ellie smiled back and nodded, looking around the room, trying to find something interesting to lay her eyes on. Before she could think of anything for the pair to do or talk about, Yoongi's voice burst through the medium-sized room.

"Why are you wearing a bathrobe? Are not comfortable around me?" He asked with a pout in his voice. Ellie looked over at the boy and had to purse her lips in order to stop herself from cooing aloud.

"I... I have little clothing on, so." Ellie replied, hugging herself. Yoongi sighed and tried to pry the girl's hand off the white fabric.

"I don't mind." He said after multiple failed attempts. Ellie blushed and shook her head.

"But I do." She barked. Yoongi put his hands up in defeat and sighed.

"Worth a try." He shrugged and continued to look around the room, glancing at her desk that had a notebook and a pen. The desk was clean, unlike his own, with two identical pots of plants and a photo frame that had her Mother and her when the girl was younger.

Completely subconsciously, Yoongi stood up and walked over to the desk. He picked the notebook up and walked back to the bed and sat down, back facing Ellie who watched as the boy flicked through the pages. It was her notebook full of songs, so she didn't mind. Rather, she watched the boy's reactions.

Yoongi's eyes wondered from page to page, stopping occasionally and nodding in approval before flicking through some more pages. He looked over at Ellie and gave her the notebook.

"You're really good at writing songs." Yoongi complemented. Ellie smiled at the words and mumbled a small 'thank you' in return before looking down at her legs. Yoongi smiled and blew raspberry with his mouth as he tried to think of something to do.

His face lit up as he spotted a karaoke set in the corner of the girl's room. He smiled and looked over at Ellie.

"I know what we can do to have some fun!" He exclaimed. Ellie looked at him in a weird manner and nodded, letting him continue his train of thought. "Well, since you don't have any neighbours, we can have a karaoke night!" He smiled. Ellie smiled back, eyes glancing to her barely-used Karaoke set. She nodded and jumped off the bed.

"I'll win this for sure."