Prologue

Dina Murry's POV

I trudged along the deserted sidewalk in London's streets in the middle of the night, trying my best to remain quiet and not draw any attention to myself. The dark sky mirrored the gloomy, eerily silent city. Exhaling softly through my mouth and seeing my own breath before my very own grey coloured eyes, I allowed my mind to wander off to my current tribulations.

For starters, I have been on the run for four years, so I presume it's fair that I'm quite the expert at staying in hiding. My parents were vile, vicious and vindictive, and when the opportunity had risen, I escaped their despicable residence, and I was only twelve years old back then. As grave as that may sound however, all of this has taught me to grow and nurture into an independent, young witch. My parents made it essential that I practiced dark magic, in hopes that I would follow in their footsteps in the future, and truth be told, their callous demeanour has slightly rubbed off on me before I took my leave and decided to live my life in the ways in which I wanted to. I may have inherited precious pride and a snobbish attitude from my parents, but it is never my intention to practice dark witchcraft.

The wizarding world does not know of my existence, except perhaps the witches and wizards I have stumbled upon through my four years of running, and also including my ferocious family. At the age of eleven, I was accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, one of the best wizarding schools ever known, however, my parents immediately spurned the letter and informed me that I shall be homeschooled by them.

"Why would you want to learn useless magic that you will not need in your life? Dark magic is your future, my dear, and that is certainly what you must be taught in order to be prepared for the Dark Lord's promised return." My mother once stated confidently as she flipped the page in her big, black and thick book that had the title Dark Arts engraved in gold, cursive writing on the charcoal black cover.

Jessie and James Murry – extremely loyal death eaters to the Dark Lord, and rumour has it, he has returned and is already planning and plotting against his sworn enemy – Harry Potter.

I was on the run for two reasons. First, I needed to stay away from my family, because no way in hell am I going to allow myself to become a slave to the darkest wizard of all time. The second reason is because of my name – my last name. If anyone is to know of my last name, I would instantly be captured and thrown in Azkaban.

Everyone knew how loyal the Murry family is to Lord Voldemort. Everyone.

My family had a reputation to maintain. Our family is entirely pure blooded, and not a single person of the family was not made into a Death Eater – up until now anyway, what with my dramatic escape and all. My family has all gone to Hogwarts, and all of them were housed into only one of the four houses in the school – Slytherin; the house where all students, or most of them anyway, end up becoming followers of the Dark Lord. It was the most dreaded house of all four and yet, I remain to wonder how well I would fit in if I had only attended Hogwarts. I quite often look up to the glory of being housed in Slytherin and how much pride I would feel, but that was stripped away from me when Mother dropped the bomb of homeschooling on me.

I, of course, only wished I could attend Hogwarts. I was never given the chance, and it felt like it was impossible. The only way I could teach myself how to practice magic was through random witches and wizards on the streets that I happen to run into. They taught me wonderful magic besides the Dark Arts, and it was splendid for a change. It amazed me as to how marvellous magic can truly be when I was introduced to the pure magic that had no darkness laced within it. The difference was undoubtedly palpable.

I sighed exhaustedly as I tied up my blood red, elbow length, straight hair into a high ponytail and entered a muggle pub named Rebel. I scoffed at the name snobbishly. What sort of name was that?