Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

-Dina Murry's POV-

I forced myself to swallow my obvious fear towards the capabilities of the Dark Lord and attempted to convince myself that he was only two years older than I was – although that was impossible, because he's supposed to be older than my own parents. I was seated on the Malfoys' dining table, where a meeting was being held, and we all awaited Tom Riddle's arrival anxiously.

I was sitting beside Draco and Mum, and I apprehensively wiped my sweaty palms against my dark dress. I was so worried, I was so sure that the panicked, rapid beats of my heart could be heard from miles away. It has been three days since my last encounter with Tom Riddle, where he bore me with the Dark Mark, and chose my own fate for me; three days since my sneak out with Draco Malfoy.

Draco and I were not exactly friends, nor enemies. We only spoke to each other during these three days when we wanted something from one another, or if we were arguing, which happened quite a lot – and it was expected anyway, due to our strong, harsh personality where we both highly value our pride to lose an argument.

But that did not change the fact that I still seek solace in Draco's presence near me. I do not know why, but perhaps it's because he's the only person here whom I can mostly relate to. He was also forced into become one of them. He was as old as I was. He suffered more than any of us have – by his father, his mother, Tom Riddle, Bellatrix Lestrange, and basically the whole world.

When Draco had accompanied me yesterday in the Malfoy Gardens, he mentioned how everyone either loathed him or feared him in Hogwarts, and although he relished in the fact that people feared him, he admitted that he sometimes felt forlorn and misunderstood, misjudged, and not given the chance to show everyone that he is not who they think he is. It saddened me to find out that Draco even suffers away from home, and at home – he had nowhere to go where he would be understood.

My thoughts were soon disrupted when I heard a loud crack and I snapped my vision upon the chair at the end of the dining table, where Tom Riddle was now seated, his eyes scanning everyone in the room intimidatingly. His jaw was clenched, his lips pursed, his nostrils flared and his eyes sparked with a form of frightful danger, and I winced slightly at how callous he looked.

Tom Riddle was undeniably handsome, with the way his curled hair was carelessly swept to the side, and his brown eyes shone in the light, along with his smooth, pale, unblemished skin and a dazzling smile that may possibly be fake, but no one seemed to really care if his smile was sincere or not, because that boy was a vicious, merciless creature who spared no soul that got in his way of getting what he wanted.

Finally, Tom loosened slightly, a small crack of a smile on his lips as he spoke, "Good evening my friends!" He stretched his arms wide horizontally, and grinned, his eyes glowing with mischief and I gulped.

There was a chorus of good evening, my lord across the dining table, and I quickly mumbled a greeting among them, hoping that Tom Riddle wouldn't notice my lack of enthusiasm and question it. Tom smiled easily, leaning back in his seat and bringing his hand to his mouth, his index finger tugging at his lower lip subconsciously as he eyed each Death Eater laxly.

"I hope you are aware that a certain wizard is the only obstacle between me and the boy." Tom's voice was lulling, as it previously was last time I've seen him, and if it weren't for his absurd, chaotic reputation, I would've felt comfortable and at complete ease due to his tone – but alas, here we are.

"Of course we are aware, my lord. We are doing everything we can to kill Albus Dumbledore so you can finish off Harry Potter at your leisure." Bellatrix Lestrange piped up nervously beside Tom, fidgeting in her seat and looking at him solely, her eyes sparking with true loyalty and honesty. It was quite astonishing to find a person extremely loyal, faithful and honest to another person who is absolutely vile and malicious.