Chapter Four

Dina Murry's POV

I sat on the bed in what was now my own bedroom, staring aimlessly at the vanity in front of me, allowing my thoughts to run free and haunt my existence till I crumble into bits and pieces that could not even be fixed with a Reparo spell.

I groaned quietly and fell backwards in bed, lying down and staring at the ceiling. That plain white, extremely boring white ceiling. I huffed to myself and glared at it.

"Everything here is so fucking dull and plain."

"That's not really appropriate of you to say when you're only a guest here."

I jumped in alarm and sat upright, my heart almost leaping out of my throat in surprise at the source of the voice that stood by the door.

My shocked expression soon vanished and was replaced by heated glare directed towards Draco Malfoy.

"You." I growled and slowly got off the bed while clutching one of the pillows and approaching him threateningly.

Draco's grey eyes that were practically a copy of mine, widened slightly and he quickly shut the door behind him and raised his hands up to steady me – as if that would work on me.

"Okay, listen, I know we haven't got off on a good start but maybe we can actually be civil towards one another." He attempted to coerce me and I stood still abruptly at his pathetic attempt to calm me down.

"Civil? Civil?! You want me to be civil to you? You're the reason I'm here in the first place!"

Draco rolled his eyes. "Oh, don't be so dramatic. This bedroom is far more extravagant than that dingy, rotten motel room and you know it."

I snarled, infuriated by how he thought so little of his wrong doings, and I completely lost my temper, lunged forwards and smacked his face with the pillow.

"Oi, will you stop hitting me all the damn time?!" He yelled.

I smacked him again with the white pillow repeatedly until he ended up falling on the bed. Before I could attack him again, he rolled over and off the bed, turned towards me and grabbed my wrists.

"Hey! Let go of me!" I snapped and he snatched the pillow from my hands and before I knew it, my face was smacked with the pillow.

The both of us stood immobile for a few seconds as I stared at him disbelievingly with my jaw hung ajar.

"How dare you hit me?" I finally seethed.

"Technically, the pillow hit you – not me."

"You inflicted the force on the pillow, so it's you who hurt me."

Draco scoffed. "Oh, please. That's the least I could do to you after all the abuse I received from you."

"You deserved it!" I protested and clenched my fists as I glared up at him; he was, after all, a couple of inches taller.

He shook his head at me, his blonde hair bobbing slightly as a result from the action, and his grey eyes bore into mine.

"Do you know what Legilimency is?" He asked and bit his lower lip as he awaited a response from me.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his sudden question. "Yes, it's a spell where witches and wizards can enter people's minds."

"Right you are, Murry. And do you know the counter spell for it?"

"I do – it's Occlumency."

"Right again. Now," He paused, grabbed my hand and sat us both on the bed across from each other and let go of my hand.