Chapter Twenty One

WARNING: Sensitive and sexual content ahead.

Chapter Twenty One

Dina Murry stood right outside the dining room, resembling a hovering ghost, for she looked daunting, and her skin visibly paled as she awaited her punishment by the Dark Lord. Draco was currently inside the dining room with Lord Voldemort, facing his own punishment, and every time Dina heard Draco sob, or scream in pain, she would violently jump in her place, slap her palms to her ears and squeeze her eyes shut as she cried softly to herself.

Dina wished she could burst into the dining room, crush Tom Riddle's skull and grab Draco and go somewhere where no one would ever find them. However, she knew she'd be too foolish to do such a thing – she was strong, yes, but unfortunately, not as strong as Riddle.

Suddenly, the doors to the dining room swung open, and Draco quickly stumbled outside, limping slightly as he clutched at his ribcage, tears staining his face as it contorted in pain, and when Dina tried to approach him to embrace him, Draco backed away from her frightfully, still sobbing, and quickly fled.

Dina gulped, and her eyes stung, for she wanted nothing more than to console her boyfriend, but before she could even dwell upon running after him, she heard his voice, so tranquil and smooth that it made sickening shivers and chills run down Dina's spine.

"Dina Murry – it is your turn."

Forcefully swallowing down the bile that was dangerously rising up her constricting throat, Dina faced the dining room doors and slowly entered. Her eyes were trained on the merciless eighteen-year-old looking spawn of Satan himself. She suddenly felt a rush of defiance as she refused to break eye contact with Tom Riddle.

Tom was smiling at Dina amusedly, keen on the moment where she'd realise what her punishment would be – and Dina soon found out when her eyes glanced down at Tom's feet; she gasped loudly in absolute mortification and she stumbled backwards in horror.

Daphne Greengrass was crouching near Voldemort's feet, petrifyingly shaking and quietly sobbing to herself.

"No." Dina whispered in disbelief as she felt her heart ache for her friend.

"This is what you have to do to redeem yourself, Dina." Tom Riddle's smooth voice engulfed the dining room, and Dina twisted her head to the side to avoid looking at Daphne's pitiful state and she felt her eyes sting with tears. She knew what he wanted her to do.

"Kill your friend, or I will kill you." He hissed.

Dina's heart sank to her knees and she trembled, her wand in her robe's pocket feeling oddly heavy, weighing her down.

"I – I can't." Dina croaked, choking on her sobs, stifling them, refusing to give Tom any more satisfaction than he was already getting from this cruel situation he put her in.

"So it's true then, isn't it? You're just as much of a coward like Draco." Tom spoke with a smile in his voice, and Dina jumped in her place when Daphne let out a shriek when Tom aggressively stepped on her ribs.

"Leave her alone! Let her go – she has nothing to do with this!" Dina pleaded, the tears finally escaping her eyes as she watched her friend whimper.

"Kill her and put her out of her misery, Dina. You'd be a noble friend if you did it. I'll kill her myself if you don't, and above all that, I'll make you suffer."

Dina silently cried, her mind a jumbled mess as she tried to figure out what to do. Raising a trembling hand, she aimed her palm at Daphne, and Voldemort smiled evilly.

"Do it, Dina Murry. Do it. You're a killer – embrace it."

Daphne's eyes darted towards Dina. "Please, Dina. Please don't kill me." She begged for mercy.