Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

-Dina Murry's POV-

After that dramatic Potions class was over, I quietly said goodbye to Draco, Blaise and Theodore, and although Draco barely acknowledged me (due to his blinding rage towards Potter's success), Theodore waved at me with a boyish grin and Blaise only nodded at me once.

None of them had Charms class with me right now, and I honestly had no idea where that class even was. I was about to walk back into the Potions classroom to pathetically ask Professor Slughorn for directions, before I stumbled upon Ginny Weasley.

"Oh, hello Ginny." I greeted her with a small, false smile, biting back the urge to throw an insult to her regarding her family.

Ginny's eyes widened at the sight of me, and she slowly surveyed me from head to toe, and she visibly grimaced.

"What are you playing at, Murry?" She asked, getting straight to the point.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me that you're actually being nice to me because you like me. I've heard all about your father from mine, and he's practically just like Lucius Malfoy. What do you want from me?"

I sighed agitatedly and crossed my arms. "I'm not like my father, Ginny Weasley. In fact, my parents and I are never on good terms." I spoke half the truth effortlessly.

Ginny's frown deepened further, confusion flickering over her facial features. "Why are you in Slytherin then if you aren't like your father?"

I pursed my lips. "Look, I may not be the nicest person out there, but I'm sure as hell not your enemy. I don't care if your family associates with Mud – muggle borns and muggles. I don't care about your blood status, either. I am only concerned with who you are as a person."

I mentally cringed at my words. It took a lot of will and power to actually say those words to a filthy blood-traitor, but I knew I was doing the right thing by getting the Weasley girl on my side, and that was the only thing that convinced me to keep up my façade, and it seemed to work, because Ginny's frown softened slightly.

"You were with them while they insulted Neville. How can you stand being around them if you aren't just like these nasty Slytherins?" Ginny asked in disgust.

I'm actually quite worse than Theodore and Blaise, I thought to myself, however I only smiled gently at her.

"They've given me a warm welcome, and I wasn't about to turn them down when they're being nice to me. After all, I'm in their house as well, so I see them more than any other students from other houses. It's best I stay on their good side, don't you think?"

Ginny's frown slowly dissipated and instead, to my complete surprise and relief, she cracked a small smile at me.

"Yes, I suppose you're right."

I grinned successfully. "I am, aren't I? Anyway, I seem to be lost again like I was on the train." I spoke honestly and Ginny huffed out a light laugh.

"Where do you wish to go, Murry?" She asked lightly.

"Charms class with Professor Flitwick."

"Second floor, the west wing." She replied coolly and I smiled in gratitude.

"Thank you. I'll see you around, Ginny Weasley."

"Yes you will, Dina Murry."

I then turned around to leave, and once my back was facing her, I allowed a sly smirk to break free onto my face. It was just way too easy.