Chapter Thirty Three

Draco and Dina arrived in a black cloud encircling them as they apparated with Dark Magic belonging to the Death Eaters, and found themselves in the parlour of Malfoy Manor. One Death Eater after the other began to pop into the parlour of dark clouds of their own, until finally, the doors were swung open, with Lucius and Narsissa Malfoy sauntering in - both looking quite anxious and pale. In mere seconds, Draco was pulled against Narsissa's chest as she hugged him tightly and sobbed into his hair.

Lucius cleared his throat awkwardly and gazed down at Dina's distraught face with tear-stained cheeks. Dina felt the excruciatingly painful pounding in her head, and she mentally prepared herself for an epic migraine.

She just wanted to go to sleep and end this morbid day already.

"Is it done?" He asked her lowly.

Dina opened her mouth to speak, but Bellatrix beat her to it.

"It is, but I must warn you." She paused as she glanced, almost sympathetically, at the two children, and then fixated her gaze back on Lucius. "Snape performed the assassination, not them. You know what this means for them, don't you?"

At the concerned tone in which Bellatrix spoke, Dina's heart fell to the pit of her stomach and she felt herself getting lightheaded, and her head began spinning, her vision getting blurry. The Dark Lord was going to punish them, and Dina hated knowing her fate. Her terror towards this murderous man heightened as she shuddered to think of all the ways he would torture her and Draco. She was seconds away from collapsing unconscious.

"Dina, are you okay, darling?" Narsissa asked as she finally released Draco, and stared at her in worry, and Draco rushed to Dina's aid.

"I'm taking her to her room when she lived here for a while." Draco announced to his parents, and slowly led her away from the parlour and towards the extravagant staircase.

"Draco, what's happening to me?" Dina whimpered weakly, her eyelids drooping shut gradually, and Draco lifted her in his arms, carrying her in his arms cautiously and gently, and ascended the stairs.

"You're going to be okay, love. I promise." He murmured and kissed her forehead, before he reached her room and nudged the door open, and walked towards the bed located against the centre of one of the room's four walls.

He gently placed her on the soft mattress, and she barely moved at all after he laid her on the bed. He moved to cover her petite body with the emerald coloured duvet, and he gently tucked her in. As he glanced at her face, he felt his heart shatter at the sight of her.

A few tears rolled down her cheeks as she gazed at him brokenly, defeated, and hopeless. Her lower lip quivered uncontrollably as she let out a sob, and she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Hey, hey - no don't cry. It's okay, Dina. It's okay. It's over. It's over - I promise." Draco soothingly spoke as he repeatedly kissed her temple and held her against his chest and she sobbed even harder, completely losing grip of whatever calmness she possessed.

"I'm so scared, Draco." She cried against his chest, her tears soaking his shirt as her small palms gripped onto the fabric.

"It will be okay, Dina. I promise you." Draco whispered against her hair and kissed the top of her head affectionately.

Dina pulled away from him slightly and gazed up at him, disbelief written across her face. "How do you know that? He's going to kill us."

Draco gulped, his Adam's Apple bobbing in the process, and he tucked a lose strand of Dina's hair behind her ear.

"Do you trust me?" He asked her gently as he rested his forehead against hers.

Dina momentarily fluttered her eyes shut.