Chapter Three

Dina Murry's POV

The second my eyes shot open, I hurriedly sat in an upright position and allowed my vision to dart around my surroundings. I was sitting on a large bed with soft white bedsheets and my body was covered with a rich, dark green duvet. I pursed my red lips and arched an eyebrow as I attempted to criticise the bedroom I was in.

It appeared as though I could not pull out a flaw within this room – it was beautiful. The bed's headboard was of a white colour, and the floor was covered by a large, fuzzy dark green carpet. A white, wooden vanity sat a few feet in front of the bed, and a large closet was situated to the right side of the room, where a window was located next to it.

I scrambled out of the foreign bed and rushed breathlessly to the window. I attempted to push it open, but it seemed as though it was locked by a spell, and since I did not have my wand on me, I knew I couldn't unlock it, and I forgot the spell that Davina taught me to unlock things.

Cursing under my breath, I let my infuriated grey eyes gaze at the scenery that the window provided. Seas upon seas of green – endless maze of large, luscious trees and an enormous carpet of natural green grass. Everything was green around Malfoy Manor and although I admit that I like the colour, it still felt almost taunting – sending tranquil vibes acres across the Malfoys' land.

I furrowed my eyebrows uncomprehendingly when I felt something slip into the waistband of my grey leggings. I lifted my tank top slightly and found a neatly folded paper stuck between my waist and the leggings. Arching an eyebrow, I plucked it out and unfolded it. I gasped softly when I noticed Kol's familiar handwriting on the paper and my eyes scanned the letter.

Dearest Dina,

I'm not quite sure if you are aware, but you've left New Orleans for almost five months now, and we haven't heard about you since then. We were all expecting you to talk to us regularly, especially myself, but we got nothing, which resulted in all of us feeling greatly worried.

I beseech you to write us back as soon as you can, because right now, we're all doubting if you are even alive. I believe you are; I'm just really worried. I will fly to London to find you if I have to, I just need to know that you're safe.

God damn you and your arrogant arse for rejecting the invention of cellphones – they're proven to be quite useful, you know, but of course you want nothing to do with 'muggle' creations. We could have been texting right now if it weren't for your stuck up personality, but hey, I completely understand, because I'm quite the arrogant asshole myself.

I love you, Dina Murry.

Write to me the moment you get this.

Your best friend,

Kol Mikaelson

My stomach twisted in knots as I pictured Kol writing this letter. His eyes would be focused solely on the paper, his lower lip captured between his teeth as he bit it anxiously. I hate causing him any worry or fuss, but I guess I just never had the time to write anything to him or Klaus and Davina. I was always running – I never had any time to myself for five months now.

I pursed my lips and walked towards the vanity. My quizzical eyes travelled along its drawers and with my small, pale hands, I pulled the drawer open. My eyes lit up like Christmas trees when I saw a large piece of parchment and a quill and an ink bottle. The smirk on my lips enlarged when I hastily pulled the three items out of the drawer and sprawled them on the vanity. I knew very well that I cannot let Kol know that I got snatched away by Death Eaters, because I know that he would immediately drop everything and come to my rescue, and knowing the Mikaelson family, I had no doubt that they had their own serious chaos and problems to solve and people to save, and I didn't want him to put me before his family first. It isn't right.