Chapter One

A/N: Lily Collins (the girl in the picture) is what Dina Murry looks like

Dina Murry's POV

I sat forlornly on the almost vacant, large oak wood table, consuming breakfast that consisted of stale bread and cold boiled eggs. I stared at my meal repulsively as I poked the wobbling, freezing egg, but I had to remind myself that I won't know when I will have my next meal (for it could take days until I have a proper one), and so I swallowed down my prideful, prejudiced perspective and shoved the food down my throat and into my starved stomach.

The pub was fairly empty this early in the morning, and I can't deny the fact that I seek solace in the peace and silence – however, it was risky staying in almost empty places; I could be spotted and whisked away to serve the Dark Lord for the rest of my life, and I wasn't about to give up my freedom for anyone.

There were only a few other people sat around the pub, either having breakfast like myself or downing alcoholic drinks this early in the day.

"Pathetically depressed muggles." I mumbled to myself before I picked up my mug of steaming tea and brought it up to my lips, seeking comfort in its warmth.

My amity was soon disrupted by a boy who alarmingly plopped down on the chair beside mine so quickly and swiftly, that I was caught off-guard and clumsily dropped tea over my white sweater.

"Are you mad?!" I cried out, aggravated that I had stained my clothes, and desperately trying to wipe off the stain with the dusty napkin I was provided with.

"Who exactly are you?" The boy demanded.

I glanced up at the boy's face furiously, only to realise that it was none other than the Malfoys' son, Draco.

I rolled my eyes at him and slipped off my white sweater, leaving me in my black tight tank top and a pair of grey leggings and black ankle boots.

"Is that question really of any relevance to you?" I asked monotonously as I neatly folded the sweater on my lap.

"Of course it is – you know who I am and I must know how." Draco insisted.

I shot him a look that radiated my annoyance towards him, before I huffed out an irritated sigh.

"Very well, then. If you must know, your face is all over the Daily Prophet every December because of your family's pointless Winter Balls. That is how I know of your petty existence. Happy?" I remarked sarcastically, saying nothing but the truth nonetheless.

Draco frowned at me as he shifted further in his seat next to mine and pouted.

"But how come I've never seen you before? All pureblooded families are invited to the annual Winter Ball – unless you're a filthy blood traitor." His face contorted into one of pure repulse at me and I felt my nostrils flare arrogantly as I allowed my grey eyes to glare viciously at him.

"How dare you accuse me of such a thing? I'll have you know, I do not associate with muggles, mudbloods or blood traitors unless deemed absolutely crucial. Know where you stand, Malfoy." I spat angrily.

Draco shot me an alarmed look. "Well how am I supposed to know where I stand if I don't even know your name? Surely I must know your family if you're a pureblood."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing here in a muggle pub anyway?" I asked, diverting the topic to one that does not involve myself.

"I could ask you the same question." He fired back.

I pursed my lips. "I do not have to tell you anything."

"Well neither do I."

"Fine. It's not like I care anyway." I huffed and stared back at my cold platter in front of me on the decaying table.