Chapter Thirty One

"So I didn't want to tell you this until this moment because I wanted you to get as much rest as you could." Dina started as she walked ahead of Draco into the Room of Requirement one Sunday morning after breakfast.

Draco eyed the back of her head suspiciously. "Tell me what?"

Dina glanced back at him sheepishly before she turned back around and tugged on the cloth covering the broken Vanishing Cabinet.

"Well, I figured out a definite spell that will fix it."

Draco's eyes widened. "And you didn't bother telling me that sooner?!" He snapped incredulously.

Dina rolled her eyes. "This is exactly why I didn't tell you sooner."

"Dina, the longer we drag this out, the riskier it gets for us to stay alive." Draco seethed as he whipped his wand out.

"What's the bloody spell?" He demanded.

Dina stared at him dubiously, before she pursed her lips and crossed her arms over her chest defiantly.

Draco groaned exasperatedly. "Just tell me what it is, damn it!"

"No! I'm not going to tell you until you pull your head out of your ass and actually listen to me." Dina snapped irritably.

Draco sighed and anxiously ran his hand over his face before holding the bridge of his nose to try and calm himself down.

"I just don't get why you had to wait a week after my recovery to tell me that you found a spell that can fix this stupid thing." He confessed in annoyance.

Dina sighed, before she unfolded her arms and sauntered towards him until she was able to wrap her arms around his torso and embrace him in an affectionate hug. Draco instinctively pulled her against his chest and rested his chin on top of her head, feeling the need to be ignited by her body's warmth and comfortingly familiar figure pressed up against his.

"Because I need your full strength for this to work." She murmured, before she retracted away and gazed up at him buoyantly.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows. "So what do we have to do?"

Dina moved over towards the cabinet before she bent down and picked up a piece of parchment from underneath it, and held it up for Draco to see.

"There's a spell in here that I'm sure will work." She responded.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "But how can you be so sure?"

"Because I've checked its validity. I got it from a reliable source, trust me." She responded firmly.

Draco warily gaped at her. "Who'd you get it from?"

Dina squared her shoulders. "From my friend back in New Orleans, Freya."

Draco's eyes flashed in recognition. "She's Kol's sister, isn't she? Your vampire friend who visited in the Shrieking Shack."

Dina nodded in confirmation. "Yes, but she's not a vampire. She's one of the oldest witches I know - she's over a thousand years old, so-"

Draco's eyes widened. "A thousand years old?!"

"- she's been around for the longest time, and she knows of spells that no one from our lifetime can ever know."

"Why didn't you ask for her help sooner?!" He skeptically asked.

Dina shook her head. "Because she's got enough on her plate fighting off dangerous supernatural beings who want to kill her and her family, Draco. She doesn't have the time."