Chapter Thirty

"I do not care why you did what you did, Mr. Potter – my only concern is that you inflicted serious harm on another fellow student!"

"But Professor, he was in on the cursing of Katie Bell and –" Harry started argumentatively, but Dina cut him short by groaning loudly in frustration.

"You've got to be kidding me. This? Again?!" She incredulously spoke, her burning hatred for Potter gradually growing by the second.

She turned to Professor McGonagall. "This imbecile almost killed Draco Malfoy, Professor – all because of some stupid illusion he's so invested in and wrongfully accusing my boyfriend of a horrid crime –"

"I saw the look on his face –" Harry interjected.

"– which he did not commit. There is absolutely no proof that Draco cursed this Bell chick, and even if there supposedly was, it is not in Potter's place to punish Draco for it." Dina concluded hotly, and snapped her head at Harry and glared at him petulantly.

"While you make a very valid argument, Miss Murry, I do not appreciate ridicule of other students." Professor McGonagall scolded Dina, and Dina pursed her lips in annoyance.

"However, you're right. Mr. Potter, you have no proof of Mr. Malfoy cursing Miss Bell, and you have no right to hurt him either. You are in serious trouble, boy – and you will have to be sent to Professor Dumbledore's office. You'd be incredibly lucky if you don't get expelled." McGonagall spoke solemnly.

Dina scoffed. "His expulsion is the least this school could do."

Professor McGonagall shot Dina an exhausted look, and Dina averted her vision angrily to something else in the room, anything before she could burst into a hectic rant.

"But I do have proof, Professor! Katie Bell just got back, and if we could just listen to what she has to say –" Harry commenced.

Dina laughed. "D'you think you're some sort of detective? Don't you think that Aurors have visited St. Mungos already and interrogated her before her release? If Draco actually had done it, he would have been in Azkaban by now, you foolish twat."

"Language, Miss Murry!" McGonagall raised her voice sharply.

McGonagall sighed heavily and shut her eyes momentarily, before she fluttered them open once more and gazed at Harry.

"She's correct, Mr. Potter – the Aurors have indeed questioned Miss Bell, and she has no recollection of the events of the day she was cursed. There is no proof. Now, you are both dismissed, but Mr. Potter, you will make your way to Professor Dumbledore's office right this instant."

As they began to wordlessly leave Professor McGonagall's office, Dina waited for Harry to leave, before she looked up at McGonagall, and seriously uttered, "I expect justice for Draco, Professor."

Professor McGonagall resisted the urge to roll her eyes, though she sighed exaggeratedly and replied, "And justice he shall have, Miss Murry."

***

Around Draco's hospital bed sat Drowsy Dina, Boisterous Blaise, Thirsty Theodore and Dreary Dina. As Dina's head kept slipping off her palm while she dozed off to sleep countless times, Theodore was busy whining about how thirsty he was yet refused to leave Draco's side in case he woke up and he missed the 'theatrically emotional moment'. Blaise was energetic – talking in a fast pace and barely having a moment to breathe due to the countless cups of coffee he consumed throughout the day. Daphne tried her best to listen to her boyfriend chew her ears off, but she was inexplicably bored out of her mind and had no idea how to politely ask him to shut up.