Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

-Dina Murry's POV-

Hogwarts couldn't possibly look any more extravagant than it already does. With the vintage architecture and the pride that radiates off it, I knew I was going to enjoy my stay here immediately. I walked with the same group of Slytherins that occupied Draco and I's train compartment up the stone steps that led to the Great Hall, where four long tables were laid out, each table bearing a Hogwarts House each with their respective students occupying them.

I wondrously gazed up at the bewitched ceiling, which held levitating, lit candles, hovering in the air, and the sky above us dark and littered messily with beautifully bright stars.

"We'll be waiting for you at the Slytherin table." Daphne's voice caught my attention and I snapped my gaze at her, catching her throwing me a wink before she walked away with the others to the table right at the end of the room, full of Slytherin students who intimidatingly glared at everyone else.

I gulped and shook away the nerves that practically ate at my insides, and forced myself to confidently stride over towards the first years, who were all huddled up in one corner of the Great Hall, with an old woman leading them.

"Now when I call out your name, you will sit on this stool, and you will be sorted into your houses." Her quivering voice echoed around the hushed room.

"That's Professor McGonagall; she's head of Griffindor House." I heard a girl behind me whispering to a boy beside her.

"She looks frightening." The boy commented.

"Well, she's certainly not as frightening as that man with the long, black matted hair." The girl fired back, and I followed her description discreetly, only to find myself staring at Severus Snape.

I knew him from the several Death Eater meetings; he was one too, and it alarmed me to know that Albus Dumbledore trusted him enough to hire him as a Professor in his school.

"Who is he?" The boy whispered.

"That is Professor Snape – head of Slytherin House." The girl replied.

Of course. I thought.

"Dina Murry." Professor McGonagall's quivering voice called out my name, and I was drawn away from my thoughts, and staring hesitantly at the empty wooden stool on the stage.

Gulping, I anxiously walked up the steps towards the stool, and cautiously sat down. My eyes sweeped the Great Hall for a certain blonde-haired boy with grey eyes, but he was nowhere in sight, and I felt my palms getting clammy. Where was he? As much as I hated to admit it, I needed Draco to be here, because I needed reassurance.

I shut my eyes briefly and cleared my throat as Professor McGonagall placed the old, battered black Sorting Hat on top of my head.

"Ah! Another Murry! Tricky though, yes ... very tricky." The Sorting Hat piped up above me and I slightly jumped in alarm upon hearing its voice.

"I see a strong trait of loyalty – yes, you'd make quite an exceptional student in Hufflepuff – no?" It carried on speaking, and I instantly remembered that day Draco and I were speaking about the Hogwarts houses.

"What house do you reckon I'd get placed in?" I asked.

Draco grinned at me. "Why, Slytherin, of course. The Sorting Hat would have terribly malfunctioned if it placed you in a different house."

I laughed and clutched at the covers of Draco's bed.

"Imagine how disastrous it would be – a Hufflepuff Death Eater." I spoke with a wide smile.