Akshadh's Engagement

Akshadh POV

"Come on Dhiya!" Januvika cheered up.

'Dhiya!!!' I turned aside to confirm Whether she is my Dhiya. Eagerness and guiltiness occupied me in a fraction of second. I was surprised and shocked to see my Dhiya walking towards the diocese. I praised and cursed my fate and destiny of life that pushed me to such situations. Happiness and tears enriched my heart and eyes. I never think that I would see her this earlier in such choatic situation. Even I was confused and don't even know what is happening in my life. How would Dhiya think about me? Random thoughts occupied me before she reached the diocese.

"We firmly welcome you Miss.Dhiya,"

"Thank you," she picked the mike.

Januvika hugged Dhiya.

"What did you feel at this moment Dhiya?"

Dhiya was paused for few seconds. She didn't look at me and I am clear that she is purposely avoiding me.

"I am proud of my cousin, Janu. Her humantity to help others makes her to reach this level. During her school days itself she started helping others. I wish her heartfully to flourish her dreams," Dhiya hugged her from aside.

Sometimes later they left the stage. I remained frozen looking at my girl.

The program came to an end. I was searching for my Dhiya and she found no where.

"Akshadh, what happened to you? Why are you sitting idle? Let us go to party together with Janu's family. Today we planned to have your engagement?" said my mom.

"Mom, what did you mean? I am not interested in this marriage. Please cancel it," I said genuinely and seriously.

"Akshadh, think twice. It is the marriage arranged by Maanvi. It is her wish and now it is my wish too. On that day when I asked you about marriage, do you remember what did you tell?"

"Yes amma, I remembered but I thought that you would ask me before choosing a match for me," I said instantly.

"Akshadh, I gave my assurance to that family thinking you would never disobey my words. Please follow me now," my mom held my hand and we went to party.

In the party

Janu's POV

Dhiya applied little makeup in my face to look bright for the function. Dhiya is always my best gift of God. When she is nearer to me then I am the most luckiest person. She would fullfil all my desires.

Then we moved towards the function hall. We had our seats and Akshadh family had their seats opposite to us. I feel very nervous and makes Dhiya to sit next to me. I held her hand tightly to make myself comfortable.

Akshadh's POV

Oh shit! Damn it! What is happening in my life? I followed my mom and occupied a seat. My Dhiya was sitting opposite to me. I looked at her continuously and signalled her to talk for few minutes. I was almost begging to her.

I excused myself from there and came out. Within few minutes, Dhiya came closer to me.

"Dhiya!" My eyes started shedding tears while saying her name.

"What do you want?" She said with a tone of bit arrogant.

"Dhiya, Don't you love me?" I asked seriously moving a step closer to her.

"No! I don't love you that is why I returned from U.S before you. Please leave me," she said looking at me.

"Don't lie Dhiya. You left me knowing about this function. I am sure you love me Dhiya. Don't cheat urself, Seriously, I am not aware of anything happening here Dhiya,"