Chapter 38

I was awaken by a loud cry. I guess it was from my mom.

"Mom. Sabi ng Doktor, Spirit's fine naman na daw. You have to stop crying so loud. You might wake her up. She needs to rest."

"No! My darling! I'm so sorry honey. Everything's fine. Mommy's here now."

I moved a little at dahan-dahang binuksan ang mga mata ko. My vision was adjusting to the light kaya medyo blurry pa sila sa paningin ko.

"How long was I unconcious?"

"Half day kang unconcious, Spirit. But the Doctor said it was a great sign. You were gaining your strength at hinuhugot mo 'yon sa tulog mo. You don't have to worry. You're fine now. Sabi nila, may milagro raw'ng nangyari. One minute they were having a hard time operating you pero bigla raw gumaling ang mga sugat mo."

I was silent for a moment. Trying to digest what just happened to me and What was my brother saying.

I got inti an accident and I got injured badly. It was hard for the Doctors. They were having a hard time on my operation and what was that again? A miracle? Oh Thank You Lord.

"Best! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, it was all my fault. I-I should be the one who's at the hospital bed right now and not you. You don't deserve to be on that situation, I'm so sorry." She said while crying. Namumugto na ang mga mata niya. Hindi ba 'to tumigil kakaiyak?

"Hey Sav. It's okay. It's not your fault. Hindi naman kita sinisisi eh. In fact, it was me who's at fault. I told you something that made you pre-occupied kaya muntikan kang masagasaan. It was just right that I was the one who got hit instead of you."

"No. No. Please don't say that. Ilang beses na kitang muntikang mapahamak. I'm so sorry. Tita, Sorry po. Kuya. Hindi ko naman po sinasadya eh."

"Saveans, it's okay. Hindi ka naman namin sinisisi."

Kuya gave her a reassuring tap at the back and a genuine smile.

"Hija, it was an accident. It was no one's fault. It's okay. Let's just be grateful at walang masamang nangyari kay Spirit."

Sav nodded her head habang kinukusot pa ang mga mata. Ayaw talagang tumigil sa kakaiyak.

"Oh. Maiwan na muna namin kayong dalawa diyan ah? Kakausapin lang namin ni Kuya Kenneth mo ang Doktor sa labas."

Tinanguan ko lang si Mommy at tinignan ang pag-alis nila.

"Best? How are you feeling? Okay ka na ba? Alam mo ba kanina, andito si Zeal. Nakita kong umiiyak siya do'n sa bench habang hinihintay ang paglabas ng mga Doctor."

"Talaga? Bakit wala siya dito ngayon?"

"I don't know. He left immediately as soon as he heard the good news."

"W-Well, at least he was here."

"Right--"

"Spirit!"

Hindi natapos ang sasabihin ni Sav dahil biglang bumukas ang pintuan. And there was Erozeal standing at hinihingal pa habang pawis na pawis.

Lumapit agad siya sa 'kin at hinaplos ang buhok ko.

I can feel his hands trembling.

"H-How are you?"

And he's even stammering! What's wrong with him? Ganito ba siya ka-worried?

"I'm fine. You have to calm down. Nanginginig ka. Nauutal ka pa. Plus pawis na pawis ka. Ikaw? Ayos ka lang ba? You look, hurt."

He showed me his genuine sweet smile.

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me." Halos pabulong niyang sabi.

"Well, I am fine too."

He pulled me closer into a hug. I heard him sobbed on my hair while sniffing it.

Wait. Is he crying?

"Are you crying? Hey, I'm fine."

"I'm just happy that you're doing fine now."

"Did you made this? You did some magic again?" Mahina kong tanong sa kaniya.

He remained silent.

I smiled weakly. He did it.

"Is it really okay? Weren't you punished before? Baka mamaya niyan ay mapahamak ka pa nang dahil sa 'kin."

Kumalas siya sa yakap saka naupo ng maayos sa kama ko.

"What? Of course not. I'm fine. Everything's fine. Don't worry."

"Hindi pa kita napapasalamatan no'ng na-aksidente ako. Tapos ngayon, ito na naman. Thank you, Zeal."

"You don't have to Thank me. Ah, oo nga pala. I am not alone. I'm with Grey and Clotho."

And as if on cue, I saw them both entered the room.

Agad namang lumapit sa akin sa Grey and held my hand.

"Kamusta ka? What are you feeling right now? May masakit ba?"

"I'm fine Grey. You don't have to worry that much about me."

"I know." He said and heaved out a deep sigh.

Naramdaman ko ang pagpisil niya sa aking kamay. I gave him a reassuring smile saka hinawakan ang kaniyang kamay.

"It's okay. Everything's okay now."

Natawa naman siya ng bahagya.

"I feel like I should be the one saying those to you. I know you'll be fine. I promise you that."

"Thanks."

I turned my attention to Clotho and I saw her staring intently at me. I saw a hint of worry on her eyes. Is she worried because of my situation or was she just pretending?

"Hey uh, I'll just escort them outside. I'll be back. A'right?" pagpapaalam naman sa 'kin ni Zeal.

I nodded at him and smiled.

He stood up at lumabas na silang tatlo.

"Best, alam mo? Nalilito na 'ko kung sino ang ishi-ship ko sa 'yo. Pero syempre, Solid Team Cupid and Psyche ako!"

"Baliw."

She just laughed. Naalala ko na naman ang pinag-usapan namin ni Sav kanina.

I was silent at mukhang naramdaman iyon ni Sav. She went serious then.

"Are you thinking about what just happened earlier? Kung ano 'yong pinag-usapan natin kanina?"

"Yeah. Sort of. May I know what you were thinking that time? Bakit gano'n ka na lang katulala?"

"Well, I was just trying to digest everything what you were trying to say to me that time. I was trying to comprehend all of those informations. Were all of those, really true?"

"What? Yes of course. Why would I lie to you?"

"It just that, it sounds surreal. Akala ko ay mutual ang nararamdaman nila sa isa't-isa. But it's all too late now. I don't care about Christian anymore. He's just nothing to me but an Ex Crush."

"Alam mo? Kung makapag-drama ka talaga, parang may past kayo ni Christian ah. Eh Ex Crush mo lang naman siya."

"Nang dahil talaga sa kaniya, napahamak ka pa tuloy. Argh. This is so fraustrating. Can we not talk about him?"

"Akala ko ba naka-move on ka na? At isa pa, it was just a crush!" I said at bahagya pang natawa.

"It was more than just a crush okay? Pero noon 'yon, wala na ngayon." She said and rolled her eyes.

What!? It was more than a crush!?

Napailing na lang ako habang nakangiting tinitignan siya.