Chapter 44

"Well, it was just an accident really. It was nobody's fault. Hindi kasalanan ni Sav at hindi rin kasalanan no'ng driver."

He looked at me in awe. Parang hindi siya makapaniwala na sinabi ko 'yon kay nagtaka naman ako sa naging reaksyon niya.

"What? What's with that face?"

"I-I just can't believe it. I can't believe I'm hearing those words now. You're just too good to be true. How come you're so kind but still gets involved into unfortunate events? That's just too much."

"Matt, you're funny. Aksidente nga diba? No one knows when and what will happen."

"But seriously Spirit, you need to be extra careful next time."

Natawa naman ako sa sinabi niya. Seriously, I've had enough of those words. Paulit-ulit ko na lang 'yang naririnig. Quotang-quota na 'ko.

"I will. Of course. And you all should stop worrying about me. I'll be fine." I said at binaba ang hawak kong libro.

Ang buong akala ko talaga ay ihahatid niya lang ako dito sa library but no! He insisted on accompanying me inside.

"You really can't blame us for worrying about you, you know. We can't keep on depending on the fact that someone's goin' to save us again and again. There might be an end to that."

His last words caught my attention. What does he mean? Is there something he wants me to know? Or was I being too paranoid only?

Ugh. This is crazy. I don't know what to think anymore. There are just too much informations and confusions happening all at once right now. I feel like I'm gonna blow.

I stood up and brought the book I just finished reading.

Nagpunta ako sa shelf na pinagkuhanan ko nito. Ibabalik ko lang sana when suddenly the books on the shelf started shaking.

What is happening here?!

Napansin ko naman ang pabagsak na shelf at ang dahan-dahang pagkahulog ng mga libro mula sa itaas but it was too late to run.

Kasabay ng pagbagsak ng mga libro sa 'kin ay ang pagdagan rin sa akin ng shelf.

I saw Matt staring at me but it was a bit blurry. That's the last thing I saw before everything went black.

Cupid's Point of View

"What did you do!?"

I immediately grabbed Matt's collar out of anger.

He just smirked at me and it just made me angrier.

Biglang nag-apoy ang kamao ko at agad ko itong idiniin sa dibdib ni Matthias.

He groaned in pain at mas lalo ko lang itong diniinan. That's it. Suffer.

"Cupid, stop."

You have to suffer. I have to make you suffer. Now, it's my turn to finally burn your heart and soul.

"Cupid. I said stop."

Mas lalo kong pinaliyab ang aking kamay dahilan para mas mapadaing si Matt ng malakas.

Yes. That's it. Music to my ears.

"Cupid! I said stop!"

Biglang bumalik ang aking ulirat sa malakas na pagsigaw ni Artemis. Napabitaw agad ako mula sa pagkakahawak kay Matt.

"Let me handle this." She said and raised her index finger causing Matt to float in the air.

She took one burning arrow and shot Matt directly at his heart.

She took one arrow again, but this time it's a lightning arrow. She positioned her bow and shot Matt again at his heart.

Fck. That hurts.

Two arrows shot at his heart at once.

Namimilipit na si Matt sa sakit.

"Why are you even here Artemis?" He said between his wails.

"I'm here to punish you. For putting Psyche's life, in danger again. She's at the hospital now and who knows what brain damage could she get because of what you did. I'm certainly gonna make your life a living hell from now on."

She raised her hand and clenched it.

I can sense how painful what Art is doing to him right now based on his cries and groans. Mas lalo itong malakas nang mas kinuyom ni Artemis ang kamay niya. It's like she's breaking every bone inside Matt's body.

"I'm gonna let you have a taste of your own Medicine." She said and winked at me.

Napailing na lang ako sa ginawa niya.

But then, I remembered Spirit.

"Art.." I called her.

"What is it?" She asked, still not looking at me.

"Psyche. We need to help her."

"Oh dear. I almost forgot. I was too fond of playing with this little jerk here. You stay here Matt a'right? We're not yet done." She said and flicked her fingers.

The last think I know, we're already here inside the hospital. Inside the operating room specifically.

The time's frozen again. And she's lyin' again there on the hospital bed, unconcious.

She was badly hurt and her head was bleeding too much. Looks like the surgery had just started. We're just right on time.

I looked at her again. It's okay sweetheart. You'll be alright.

Nanginginig akong humakbang palapit sa kaniya. I wanted to touch her but I can't even lift a finger.

"I-I'm scared. She just got out of the hospital and now she got into an accident again? When will this be all over? She's hurting again and again. This is too painful. Too painful." I said between my sobs.

"I guess they keep on letting this happen to her because they wanted to end your sentence badly. You just gotta endure it for a short while. Everything's goin' to be alright. Now let me handle this." She said gently.

She stepped closer to Spirit and slowly touched her head.

Her hand lit up a blue light and she's gently caressing Spirit's wound on her head. She traced the few marks of the blood that's left on her head and everything slowly vanished, slowly healed.

After she's done treating Spirit, isa-isa niya namang nilapitan ang mga doktor na naroroon at hinawakan ang mga noo nito.

"This will make you both safe. Baka mamaya ay magduda na sila and they can't know about you and Matt."

"What did you do to them?"

"I had to feed their memories some made up stories. They have to think that they were able to save Spirit."

"Thank you, Art. I owe you a lot."

"Nah. You don't owe me anything. I'm just trying to pay you back for everything you did for me. And Orion. Let's go outside?"

I slowly nodded at her. The time's still frozen. I think it's better this way. I needed the time to be frozen even for a short while only.

She opened the door and was about to take one step forward when somebody spoke.

"You did it again."