Chapter 45

Cupid's Point of View

"Thanatos." I said.

He's here. He is here.

"Surprise."

"What are you doing here?" tanong sa kaniya ni Artemis.

She was the one who's doing all the talkings because I literally failed to utter a single word.

I can't talk. I was still so blown by the fact that he's here, meaning, Spirit could have died!

"I was suppose to fetch Miss Spirit. But it looks like you've tampered with the timeline again." He said, giving an emphasis on the latter word.

"And why does it has to be you? Why won't you let your grim reapers do the thing?"

"And why do you keep on asking me questions your highness? Excuse me for the sour tone."

"And why won't you just goddamn answer?" She said and smiled sweetly.

"With all due respect, dear Great Goddess but I am not here to argue with you. I came here to give our Cupid here a warning. That if he keeps on doing that, the jury above will be forced to put him behind bars."

"You can't do that to him. It was me who messed up the timeline this time. I froze the time, I punished Matt, I healed Psyche and I interfered with their memories. You wanna punish me because of that?" Panghahamon niya kay Thanatos.

Nakita ko naman ang bahagyang pagkagulat ni Thanatos nang sabihin iyon ni Artemis.

"No, your highness."

"Good. I think I must remind you of what I am capable of. You know I can do anything in my power to punish any creature who dares to harm my servants. As for Matthias' case, he attempted to harm Psyche and I won't let him get away with that."

"My apologies, My dear Great Goddess. Is there anything I can do for you? I shall gladly do all of your biddings."

"There's nothing that I can think of now. I shall tell you the next time we meet. You just have to bear in your mind that you still owe me something. Accusing me and almost capturing me for doing what is just and right is strongly wrong."

"I understand Great Huntress. I shall go now. But be of no fear for I shall always remember my debt unto you."

"Wait!"

Nagulat naman ako sa biglaang pagsigaw ni Art.

"Is there anything you'd like to say Great Goddess?"

"I know what to ask you now."

Thanatos seemed amused by how Art thinks of something so fast but at the same time, I saw a hint of fear at his eyes.

"I'm asking you to never harm My Dear cousin, Cupid." She said and winked at me.

I shook my head at her remarks. Is she really asking that favor to him? She could have decided anything for herself.

"I can manage to protect myself and your Psyche. But I can never assure to protect you that is why I'm asking him to leave you alone."

"N-No. This is too much Art. I'm already grateful to you for protecting Psyche alone but this? You don't really have to do this."

"No. It's alright. Nothing is ever too much when it comes to the people you love. We're family and if there's anything I can do to help you, I would gladly do it with open arms."

A tear fell down as I heard those words from her. Maybe asking for her help was a great decision after all.

"I.. I really don't know how to thank you. I wish I could make up to you soon."

"Actually, there is something that you can do though. And it's by shutting up and just let me do my thing." She said while chuckling.

Natawa naman ako sa mga salitang sinabi niya. She is such a one hell of a hot-headed Goddess. She speaks unpredictably and she's a rebel with a heart, as what she claims it.

Thanatos paused for a moment before finally taking his final bow and left by vanishing in thin air.

Binalingan ko ng tingin ang aking pinsan na nakatayo sa aking tabi.

"Art. You really aren't that bad of a decision at all. Good thing I stood by what I have thought and stayed firmly to it. Mabuti at hindi ako naikinig kay Coal."

She laughed bitterly. Uh-oh. Did I just triggered a war? Between past friends?

"Oh that Goddamn Jerk." She said, mockingly. "I"m gonna rip his heart out." She continued.

"H-hey. It's okay you know. Clotho can handle him."

"Oh no. Of course, not. I'll take care of him." She said reassuringly.

I'm freaking doomed.

"Hey look, Art. I can handle this. You don't have to worry about him." I said, trying to convince her.

"Stop trying to convince me to change my mind, Cupid. You know that when I say something, I fulfill that immediately, right? And because I promised to myself that I'll take that shit down, I would gladly do it. With open arms. For now, let's go back first to the Elysian Fields. Then we'll pay a visit to our poor prisoner."

I looked at her with disbelief. How can this be serious?

"How can you be so kind yet so cruel at the same time?"

"You really don't have to understand it. It'll just tear up your brain into two while trying to figure out a complicated Goddess like me. Give it up now, you dummy. I can be anything I want, you know? I won't be called a rebel with a heart for no reason, right?"

I shook my head while a smile was plastered on my face.

"Wait. Are you sure you won't stay here and wait for Spirit's recovery?" She asked. A hint of worry was clearly written all over her face.

I nodded as a response at her.

"I'll take care of the root of all these misfortunes first so that I can go back to Spirit's arms without worrying that anytime soon, she'll be harmed again."

"That's a great idea, I guess."

"Now let's go before the time starts ticking again. By that time, I want everything to be finished and go back here for my wife. I know she'll be looking for me."

Art chuckled at my remarks but she did not opposed to it.

I promise, I'll be back for you Spirit.