Chapter 48

"What happened again?" 'Yan agad ang bungad ni Sav sa 'kin the moment she entered the room.

"I don't know. It looks like I've been meeting a series of accidents the past few days. Minamalas yata ako."

"My Gosh. There's no such thing as malas. Baka mamaya niyan ay isang tao lang ang may pakana ng lahat ng 'to ah. Tell me, may sumusunod ba sa 'yo? May nangb-bully ba sa 'yo? May nakaaway ka ba? Tell me, Spirit."

"Sandali nga Sav. Ako 'yong nahihilo sa mga pinagsasasabi mo eh. Kalma ka nga. You're acting as if you're the one who's in danger here. I'm fine, alright? You don't have to worry and stress yourself." I assured her. Pa'no ba naman kasi, ang advance masiyado mag-isip.

"No. I can't take this anymore. I'm calling for some securities. Pahihigpitan ko ang pagbabantay nila sa paligid."

See? She's starting to sound like my mom! Mas malala pa nga siya actually.

"Sav, you don't have to do that. I'm okay now--"

"Stop giving me that excuse you little girl. Ano? Hihintayin pa ba nating hindi ko na tuluyan maging okay? Sadiyang sinuswerte ka lang ngayon at nakakaligtas ka pa sa mga insidenteng gaya nito."

I heaved out a deep sigh as a sign of defeat. Pag sa tingin niyo makulit ako, p'wes mas makulit si Sav.

"Anong sabi ni Mommy at Kuya?"

"They're flying back now here to the Philippines from Germany. She's really worried and your Brother was furious. He' sthinking the same cause as mine."

"My God. You two are both paranoid and over acting. This is nothing but a pure accident. Accidents do happen and we will never know when will it happen, and I am just a victim of that. Let's just pray na lang. That's the best that we could do."

"No. Me and your Kuya have already decided. Pumayag na rin si Tita. You'll be home-schooled, you'll have your own personal body guards and magdadagdag din kami ng additional security guards sa bahay niyo."

"What!? That's clearly bullshit. Ano 'to? Ikukulong niyo na 'ko sa bahay!? Are you depriving me to live a normal life?!"

"Spirit, everything that has happened to you right now aren't normal already. Nothing are. It's all shitty and messy. We just want what's best for you."

"Well, you think imprisoning me is the best thing to do? To hell with that! Kailan pa naging tama ang mali!?"

"If it'll cause goodness specially to you! That's it. Our decision is final. At 'wag mong susubukang isumbat sa 'kin na wala akong karapatang mag-desisyon sa buhay mo dahil hindi ako tatablan niyan. Mawalan na ng karapatan ang lahat, 'wag ka lang mawala. You get that? That's what your Kuya said kaya you should listen. Tatawagan ko lang sina Tita. You take some rest." She said and stormed out the room.

"Bullshit! Tangina lahat ng 'to! Nothing is normal in my life anymore. From meeting Cupid, being the Cupid up to now." I said out of fraustration.

"Are you regretting all of it now?"

Napataas agad ako ng tingin nang may biglang nagsalita.

I looked at the person who just asked me straight to his eyes.

"No. It's hard to regret something that actually made your life happier."

He flashed a smile. A weak one.

"Good 'cause I don't also." He said and then suddenly the time stopped.

A-Anong nangyayari?

"I want to tell you something but promise me you'll listen, don't interrupt me. I only have one hour left."