Chapter 43

Spirit's Point of View

Nakaupo ako ngayon sa Kiosk. Walang ibang tao dito, like the usual. That's why I like staying here.

"Hey."

Napatingala naman ako sa tumawag sa 'kin.

"Oh. Hey Zeal. Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Well, I have something for you."

Nagsalubong naman ang mga kilay ko sa sinabi niya.

"What is it?"

He showed me a beautiful silver necklace with a black lace.

It has a moon-shaped bow and an arrow over it as its pendant.

"This is a special necklace. It's magical and you have to promise me that you won't take it off no matter what. Okay?"

Kinabahan naman agad ako sa sinabi niya.

"O-Okay."

"Good. This will keep you safe. Dahil once na may masamang mangyari sa 'yo, I'll be able to save you because of this."

Sinuot niya naman sa 'kin ang necklace.

I looked at it intently na para bang sinasaulo ang bawat detalye nito.

"Wow. It's beautiful. Thank you."

"Don't mention it. And Oh by the way, medyo late kaming makakauwi mamaya. The team's trying to catch up for our missed practices. Sabay na lang kayo ni Sav. Sabi niya magsasabay raw kayo."

"Okay. That's great, I can get to ask her about Christian."

"Well, you gotta go smooth with that. Baka mapikon si Sav at umiyak na naman. You know how crybaby that girl is."

Natawa naman ako sa sinabi niya. Well, of course he knows. Para namang hindi umiyak si Sav ng ilang linggo dahil lang sa pagkaka-brokenhearted siya sa Ex Crush niya.

Napailing naman ako sa mga naisip ko. This is nuts.

"Lagot ka kapag narinig ka no'n."

He chuckled at ginulo pa ang buhok ko.

"Balik na 'ko. You take care of yourself okay?"

"Oo na po. Palagi na lang eh. Ikaw rin. Mag-ingat ka."

"Don't worry about me." He said at tuluyan na ngang umalis.

Hinaplos kong muli ang suot kong kwintas.

I wonder what this pendant means.

It looks like a crescent moon but it was actually a bow. And an arrow was placed above it.

My attention was disturbed when I heard a female voice not so far from the Kiosk.

Tumingala ako at tinignan kung sino ito and it was Clara. Hinahabol niya si Carlo. She looks fine and so is Carlo. Wow have they finally moved on? I mean, that fast?

Woah. Sa napapansin ko, mas lalo na silang nagiging close since after the confession ah. No worries, they're soulmates after all.

Mukhang may pinaguusapan silang dalawa. They were both smiling but then Clara left first.

Tumayo agad ako at mabilis na nilapitan si Carlo.

"Hey! Carlo, wait."

Hinarap niya 'ko nang nakasalubong ang kilay. But he was smiling. As usual.

"Spirit. Hey. Anong kailangan mo?"

He really loves to smile, doesn't he?

"Just wanna check on you. How are you by the way?"

Natawa naman siya bahagya sa tanong ko.

"I'm fine. Wala naman akong sakit. Ikaw nga dapat ang kamustahin ko eh. I heard about the accident. Are you alright now?"

"Yes. I am, but I wasn't asking you about physical matters though. It's about how you're doing after the heartbreak."

"Oh. Well, to tell you honestly, it was hard at first but I'm getting used to it. I think it's safe to say that I'm doing fine now. You know, Slowly moving on."

"That's great. That's good. And, well, I didn't mean to look like someone who loves to stick their noses around someone else's business but I kind of heard what happened about Clara and.."

Bahagya naman akong napayuko sa hiya when I saw Carlo's reaction.

Tama bang tinanong ko iyon? Holy shit. Bakit ba padalos dalos ako masyado?

"Oh. That."

"Look, I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean it. It just happen that I was passing by and then I saw them. I heard a few things about what they're talking aout and I.. I concluded. I'm so sorry."

Okay fine! I lied again. It wasn't just a few things! I freaking heard everything! And it wasn't even an accident. I purposely followed Clara.

"No it's okay. You don't have to apologise for being concern and for hearing that by accident. None of these are your faults."

"I'm so sorry."

"Stop it. It's okay, really." He said and chuckled lightly.

Oh Good Lord I'm so sorry for lying to one of your precious angels. Wala siyang ibang ginawa kundi intindihin ako at tulungan but I kept on feeding him lies.

"Well, to answer your question, Clara's not that fine as she looks like outside. She may be smiling but it's still hard for her."

"That's.. That's sad. I'm sorry."

"At least we're trying to be fine now. I mean, I know we'll get over these soon. It might just take some time."

"Mabuti naman kung ganoon. It's also good that you have each other's backs."

"Thank you. Pa'no ba 'yan, Spirit? Mauuna na 'ko ah?"

"Oh sure. Sorry for the inconvenience."

"No, it's okay. I have to go, bye!"

"Bye." I said and smiled at him.

Sinundan ko siya ng tingin hanggang sa may ibang nakaagaw ng atensyon ko.

It was Matt and he's walking towards my direction.

"Hey Spirit!"

Shall I avoid him!? Diba nga galit si Zeal sa kaniya? Pero bakit ko naman iiwasan si Matt kung wala naman itong ginagawang masama sa 'kin? What grounds do I have to avoid this man?

"Hey." I said, nervously.

"You going somewhere?"

"Nope. Not really. Just had a little talk with Carlo earlier." I said plainly, trying to dismiss the topic.

"Oh. Well, is there something wrong? You look bothered by something. May I know what that is?"

"Nothing really. I'm just worried about 'em." Turo ko sa papaalis na si Carlo at ang kasama niyang si Clara.

"And why are you worried about them?"

And why are you so nosy about these!? Gosh. I'm starting to think that he's hiding something.

"Nah. Just the usual heartbreaks and stuffs."

"Wanna talk about that? I'm kind of an expert in that thing, you know?"

"Oh. That's nice, I think."

"Shall I walk you to the library?"

"W-Well, you don't really have to do that."

"No, it's fine. I insist. And I also wanna check on you. I heard about what happened. The accident? I'm worried."

I looked at his eyes and they seemed sincere. Although his eyes are a bit mysterious and cold, I can still see his honesty. Well, at least I hope they are.