Chapter 42

Cupid's Point of View

"What happened earlier was serious." Coal said in a serious tone.

It feels good to be back here. The nostalgia was kicking hard and I badly miss hanging out here.

Nandito kami ngayon sa Elysian Field or what most people know, the Paradise. This used to be the favorite hang out place of my wife. This is where the beautiful souls of people who dies, live. This is the afterlife.

We're inside a Golden Gazebo located at the center of the Garden here in Elysian Field. Naririto rin ang Golden String of Life na binabantayan ni Clotho at ng dalawa niyang kapatid, Lachesis and Atropos. Lachesis is the Goddess responsible for how long a person lives while Atropos was the one responsible for People's deaths. She cuts the strings using her shears. They are actually called, The Moirai but people call them 'The Fates'.

"This is getting out of hand. What that Angel was doing is too much! Can't we sue him for that?" Clotho remarked.

I can sense irritation at her words. Talagang ayaw niya kay Matthias. He's a Seraphim. A highest-ranking Angel who also sits on a throne next to a God. And he's also the one responsible for Coal's punishments.

Well, Zeus doesn't give much attention to him kaya gano'n na lang siguro siya kahigpit para magpapansin at magpabida.

"Mas mapapasama tayo. If we sue him, it'll only backfire. Tayo pa rin ang magdudusa sa huli. We can't afford that lalo na at baka madamay ka pa Cloth." I retorted.

"Can't we ask for help? From other Gods or Goddesses?"

"And who would want to help a fugitive and a rule-breaker?"

"I know someone." I said in the middle of their argument.

"Who?"

"Artemis."

"Oh great. That hot-headed badass chic. Yup, bad idea."

"You're just bitter Coal kasi natalo ka niya. Who in their right mind would challenge the Goddess of Hunting to a One on One Archery Competition!?"

"Me alright?! It was a tight fight for Freak's sake. At isa pa, sinadya kong magpatalo dahil alam kong magwawala ang babaeng 'yon kapag natalo siya. Mataas pa naman ang pride no'n."

"Shut up will you? You and your goddamn excuses."

"I can talk to her. She would listen to me, we're first cousins!"

"Sa 'yo, makikinig 'yon. Pero dahil involved ako? I doubt it."

"It's worth a try."

I went outside the Gazebo and raised my hand.

I summoned a Silver and Light Blue Crescent-Shaped Moon. This is her impresa. In order to summon her, you have to summon her impresa first.

I closed my eyes and held it tightly then I called her name in my head.

Artemis. Can you hear me? I am summoning you.

I opened my eyes and a smile formed on my lips.

She listened. She's here.

Her long light blue-colored hair was shining as it reflected the sun's rays.

"What's up my favorite cousin? I heard everything."

Natawa naman ako sa sinabi niya. Of course she will.

"Of course. 'Di na 'ko magugulat pa."

"Yep. You know I get a little sensitive when I hear my name right? Kaya tell your wife that she and I will be meeting each other very soon. But before that, let me see that jerk first." She said. Her playful tone suddenly turned into a serious one as she mentioned about meeting Coal first.