7

"I'm so sorry." Kol said innocently as he turn around to see an annoyed Bonnie.

"You... How am I not surprised?"

"I tripped. I didn't mean to." Kol said, trying to not show how she was able to get under his skin.

"No, I believe you. By having such a big ego, it's normal that you sometimes trip around." Bonnie said and with an annoyed look and when looked to where her friends were, she noticed Caroline and Elena were gone and Rebekah was flirting with the bartender.

"Are you still upset for that thing at the party? Come on! It's no reason to stay upset." Kol tried but Bonnie simply rolled her eyes.

"I am not upset. For that to happen you would have to make me feel something. I'm simply annoyed at your stupid attempts." Bonnie said and tried to walk away but Kol grabbed her arm, making her turn to face him.

"How about we start over? Let's forget about the party thing. Let me buy you a drink as a peace offering." Kol suggested.

"Fine." Bonnie sighed and they went to the balcony to get their drinks.

*Meanwhile*

Klaus took Caroline to the roof, which made them have a view of the entire campus and to be able to talk in private.

"This view is so beautiful!" Caroline whispered while admiring the view to the campus, not noticing that Klaus was looking at her.

"Couldn't agree more." Klaus whispered, admiring her beauty and how in a matter of less than 24 hours, she was able to intrigue him.

"Isn't forbidden to be here?" Caroline asked, looking back at Klaus, now with a worried look.

"Don't worry about it. They won't care until the bar is closed." Klaus smirked.

"How did you find this place?"

"I wanted to be in a place where I could draw without having to worry about being bothered by people and this place seems comforting. It's quiet, which makes it even more beautiful, wouldn't you say?"

"Thank you for showing me this place. Clearly is important to you." Caroline smiled.

"You never told me you were a singer."

"I'm not a singer. I sing okay, but I'm not a singer." Caroline smiled.

"I think that you could be a singer if you wanted to." Klaus whispered.

"That's really nice of you. But my plan isn't to become a singer. I plan on being an event planner. I always loved to throw parties. I used to be the head committee of multiple programs, from the Go Green Campaign to being the head of dance committee and I also participate in other things."

"So organizing was always something you enjoyed to do..."

"Yes. I know I sometimes can be a neurotic control-freak... but the reason I enjoy so much organizing things and events is because... you know what? Forget it. It's stupid." Caroline said.

"No. Tell me."

"Okay..." Caroline said and took a deep breath. "The reason why I love to organize things it's because it makes me feel in control. Life is so messy with random things happening all the time and has so many variables that we have no control over whatsoever that... it feels good to have control over something." Caroline whispered and then covered her face with her hands. "Oh my God! It sounds like I'm a dictator or something."

"No... No..." Klaus quickly said, making Caroline look at him and seeing how sincere he looked. "I understand what you are saying, love."

"You do?"

"Yes. Part of what makes me enjoy painting so much its because of that. Painting is a metaphor for control. Every choice is mine. The canvas, the colour. As a child I had neither a sense of the world nor my place in it but art taught me that one's vision can be achieve with sheer force of will. The same is true of life, provided one refuses to let anything stand in one's way." Klaus said, leaving Caroline speechless, not only at how he understood her need to be in control but also about how they shared the fact that when they were younger they didn't know where was their place in this world.

" Klaus said, leaving Caroline speechless, not only at how he understood her need to be in control but also about how they shared the fact that when they were younger they didn't know where was their place in this world

"Thank you for the drawing. You made me look so beautiful in it." Caroline smiled to light things up.

"You are beautiful." Klaus whispered.

*Meanwhile*

Elijah took Elena to a bench in the park of the campus so they could speak better without all that noise.

"I thought you didn't like parties nor spending nights out. I was surprised but also happy to see you." Elijah whispered.

"Yeah... I love spending nights in a room reading a nice book but my friends wanted to spend tonight in a bar to celebrate our last day of no classes." Elena smiled.

"Do you want to go back to the bar?" Elijah asked.

"No!" Elena said and noticed how she said way too quickly. "I mean... there's no reason to go back. I saw my roommate flirting with the bartender. Bonnie was making truces with this frat guy and Caroline left with this guy so..."

"Well... I guess you have some free time to spend with me." Elijah whispered, making Elena smile.

"Of course." Elena said and they started to make small talk and ended up talking about books and authors they liked.

"If you want, I have the book in my dorm room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I've read it many times and something tells me that you are the kind of person who takes good care of the books."

"Of course I do. They are important objects that can take a person to this incredible trip where we meet new and imaginary lands, new characters that we love or hate, characters with who we suffer and celebrate, almost like if they were our friends... A book should always be taken care of it with very respect." Elena said, making Elijah look at her surprised and feeling impressed at how she was one of the few that shared the feeling he had about books and literature, making him wonder if she had any flaws, because until now all he saw was qualities.

"Come with me, lovely Elena." Elijah smiled and took her to his dorm room.

" Elijah smiled and took her to his dorm room