46

It was morning, Klaus decided to go get some coffee and think about Bonnie's advices from the previous night.

Klaus noticed Rebekah was getting out of the coffee place he was going, so he stopped, trying to think what would be best, him avoiding her for now or talk to her, even if he wasn't sure he could maintain a conversation with her for a long time without thinking about how she got in the middle of his relationship with Caroline.

Klaus looked up and noticed Rebekah was about to pass the street, but the car wasn't slowing down, so before he could even think, he run over to her and push her away, trying to stop her from getting run over by the car, ending up in Klaus feeling the car hitting him.

Rebekah quickly got up and ran over to Klaus, seeing he was unconscious.

"Nik! Nik! Please! Wake up! Open your eyes!"

"What the hell just happened?" The driver asked, getting out of the car.

"That's what I should be asking. What the bloody hell were you thinking by driving like a crazy person? Didn't you saw that this is a crosswalk?"

"I... I..."

"How about you do something right for once and call the bloody 911?" Rebekah asked, completely pissed off at the reckless driver.

"They are coming. They said to not touch him and to give him some space." The driver said when ended the call.

"You better start praying that my brother will be okay because if something happens to him, I will make your life a living hell." Rebekah threatened him.

Minutes later, which felt like eternity to Rebekah, the ambulance appeared and took Klaus with them, letting Rebekah go too, just because they were related.

***

Once they got to the hospital, they took Klaus to the emergency room and Rebekah to another room, because she had a few bruises and they wanted to make sure she didn't have something worse than just the small bruises.

"I'm fine. It's just some bloody bruises. I want to see my brother." Rebekah said upset with the doctors and nurses not letting her see how Klaus was doing.

"He is now with good doctors. We understand that you want to be there for him but we need to make sure you are alright." A doctor said.

"Are you kidding me? My brother is unconscious after getting hit by a car just to save my life. How can you possibly believe that I am alright? I will only be alright when I see my brother conscious and being all Klaus like. I just need to know how my brother is."

"Right now, they are doing a few exams on him to see his injuries and to make sure he will go back home as soon as possible."

"What do you mean by as soon as possible? Is there a chance my brother won't be going home soon?"

"Ahhh... You might want to know that we took the privilege to call your parents and siblings."

"You called my parents?"

"Yes. I'm sure if I had a son and daughter who got in the middle of a car accident, I would want to know." The doctor said. "Anyway, try to get some rest."

***

Kol was in the scull, getting some advices from Caroline about getting Bonnie to see him as someone who wasn't a jerk, when he got a call from the hospital, informing him what happened to Rebekah and Klaus.

Kol told Stefan and Caroline what happened and they ran out of the bar and drove to the hospital, trying to get there as fast as they could, fearing for Rebekah and Klaus's life. Caroline texted Elena and Bonnie, knowing they would also want to know what happened.

They ran to the information counter, finding Elijah very nervous, which was very unlike him, because he was the one who could control his emotions the most.

"What happened? How are they?"

"Apparently Klaus saved Rebekah from getting hit by a car. Rebekah has a few bruises but the doctors said she would be fine."

"And Klaus?" Caroline asked worried, quickly noticing Elijah's eyes getting watery.

"He uhm... he... Niklaus was unconscious... he got a few broken bones... and he has internal bleeding."

"Oh

"Oh... but internal bleeding is good, right?" Kol asked. "I mean, the blood should be inside of him. So... at least that's a good sign, right?"

"Internal bleeding is not good, Kol. It's a serious medical emergency. It means there's blood loss from a blood vessel and it can cause serious problems." Elijah said.

"Is he still unconscious?" Caroline asked.

"Yes." Elijah said.

"When will he wake up?" Kol asked.

"They don't know."

"What? They don't know? How can they not know?" Kol asked upset and walked over to a nurse, asking for more information about his brother.

"I'm sorry, that's all I'm allowed to say for now. We are doing the best we can. Now it's up to your brother." The nurse said, after repeating all the information Elijah gave him.

"What the bloody hell is that suppose to mean? This is a hospital, this is a place to help people. So do your bloody job and help my brother. How can this be now just up to him? You are the doctors. You are the ones who do the saving. If it would be up to us to save ourselves there wouldn't be any bloody hospitals and doctors, don't you think? So why don't you go and help my brother?" Kol yelled at the nurse.

 If it would be up to us to save ourselves there wouldn't be any bloody hospitals and doctors, don't you think? So why don't you go and help my brother?" Kol yelled at the nurse

"Kol, I think it's best for you to seat down and drink some water." Caroline said in a calm voice, while Stefan apologized for Kol's behavior.

As they all sat in the waiting room, Bonnie and Elena appeared. Elena ran to Elijah's arms, hugging him tightly, trying to comfort him in any way, even if she knew there wasn't much she could do, while Bonnie sat next to Kol and hold his hand.