79

Caroline and Kol were still a bit shocked of what they just found out and were trying to figure out what to do with this big news.

"Maybe it's just Elena who's trying to be responsible and not drink so early in the day." Caroline said, because she didn't want to make a big mess over a misunderstanding.

"Yeah... She and Elijah can have some things in common... like how responsibly lame they can be." Kol said with a smile.

"I've got it. I'm gonna try to figure out if Elena is pregnant by going to dinner with her. And in the meanwhile, you'll try to find out if Elijah knows anything, if there's really anything to find out."

"Okay. Should we get code names and safe words?"

"I guess if we are gonna to investigate this, we better take this seriously." Caroline said.

"Great! I'll be Eagle, you'll be Barbie." Kol said.

"The safe word can be milk." Caroline said.

"Because babies drink milk. That's smart." Kol said making Caroline smile.

***

It was afternoon and Elena was in the library with Bonnie working. Bonnie and Elena were putting back the books that students had returned when suddenly had to leave to go to the bathroom for the 5th time.

"Hey, darling!" Kol said loud to catch Bonnie's attention as he left the table he was in.

"Kol! Shhhh! This is a library." Bonnie shushed him.

"You can try to shush me all you want, darling. My feelings for you speak louder than words." Kol said, making Bonnie blush.

"Shut up!" She whispered with a smile.

"I love when you smile." Kol whispered, making Bonnie smile shyly.

" Kol whispered, making Bonnie smile shyly

"Kol, can I ask you something?"

"How am I so awesome? If I knew, I would tell you." Kol said with a smirk and Bonnie rolled her eyes.

"Look, your brother is dating Elena so... so you know if it's everything alright with her. She's been going to the bathroom a lot more often than usual." Bonnie said. "I'm worried that she's sick or something and is not telling anyone to not worry people."

"I don't know... But don't tell anyone that. Let me first talk with Elijah." Kol said and saw Caroline entering the library. "I gotta go. And by the way, I never told you this but you remind me of an overdue library book, because you got fine written all over you." Then he gave a peck on Bonnie's cheek and ran over to Caroline, leading her out of the library while he kept whispering. "Milk. Milk. There's milk. Let's go get milk."