33

Caroline and Klaus were in his dorm room because Caroline wanted to figure out what to say to Rebekah about her relationship with Klaus and how much they cared about each other.

"Klaus, I gotta admit something. I'm a control-freak. I am an over thinker." Caroline said. "And if we do wanna give this a chance... a real chance, then I have to think about how we will react with whatever scenario we may face. I want us to be prepare to whatever reaction Rebekah may have."

"Love, Whatever her reaction may be, it doesn't matter. I finally got you to accept giving us a chance. I'm not going to give up on us." Klaus whispered.

"What if...?"

"Doesn't matter. After my last relationship, I stopped believing in love and in people. You made me believe again. I thought I would never be able to fall in love but you showed me how wrong I was. I never was so opened with someone as I am with you. I never felt like this, Caroline. I will not give up." Klaus whispered but then asked. "Why? Do you want me to give up? Do you feel like giving up on us?"

"No. It's not that. I just... I don't want you and your sister to have a bad relationship because we went against her  wishes. Family is important and I don't want to get in the middle of yours. I don't want to be the reason you and Bekah stop being so close." Caroline whispered.

"You always seem to worry so much about me..." Klaus whispered to himself.

"Of course I do. I like you. I care about you." Caroline whispered and Klaus kissed her.

"I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend." Klaus smirked.

"So... I'm your girlfriend, now?" Caroline smiled.

"I mean, yeah... I think so. I know we didn't exactly had the talk but... I see you as my girlfriend and..." Klaus said now feeling very nervous.

"Oh my God! You're so cute."

"What does that mean? Do you... Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I do!" Caroline smiled and kissed him passionately.

"Wait

"Wait. Before we go any further... I think we should prepare to the different scenarios that may happen after we tell Bekah about us."

"Or... or... we can kiss a little bit more." Klaus suggested and started to kiss Caroline's neck.

"No. Nik... I like you and I want to do things right. I want for us to start this right and have a good relationship." Caroline said and Klaus looked at her and sighed.

"If you don't want things to go any further, then they won't. I don't want you to ever feel uncomfortable or pressure to do something." Klaus said.

"How did I got so lucky to find you?" Caroline whispered with a smile and kissed him.

"I'm the lucky one." Klaus whispered and kissed her again.

"Nik... we should go talk with Rebekah." Caroline whispered.

"Alright. But we will handle this together." Klaus said and Caroline nodded in agreement then Klaus gave a peck on Caroline's forehead, making her smile.

"But before we go, I just want you to promise me something."

"Of course. Whatever you wish, love." Klaus said in a soft tone, which wasn't very like him but she made him act in an unusual way, he was not only softer but also more vulnerable with her.

"If Rebekah makes you choose between staying good siblings or you keep dating me, I want you to choose her." Caroline said. "I know that I don't even need to ask you this because she's family and we just starting to be together but... I just want you to promise me that you won't let our relationship get in the middle of you and your sister."

"Love, Rebekah can't dictate who I can or cannot date. She doesn't have a saying in my love life..."

"Just promise me." Caroline cut him off.

"Why is this so important to you?" Klaus asked.

"Because... you two are family. I always wished I had a big happy family like yours... I don't want to ruin that." Caroline sighed.

"I'm not really happy about this but if it means so much, I'll do that. But I will keep trying to make Rebekah see that you and I have something special." Klaus said and Caroline nodded with a smile.

Caroline and Klaus walked over to Rebekah's dorm room and saw Elena and Rebekah talking about music.

"Hey! Sorry to intrude..." Caroline said.

"Hey!" Elena and Rebekah said

"We can come back later." Klaus said.

"No. You can stay. I was about to leave. I have to go work. My shift is almost starting." Elena said and left to the library even if her shift was going to be just in an hour from now but she knew she had to make up a lie to let Klaus and Caroline talk in private with Rebekah.

"What's up?" Rebekah asked with a smile.

"We wanted to talk with you." Caroline said, feeling all the sudden very nervous.

"I can see that... But what is it?"

"We wanted to talk to you about your little rule of your siblings not being able to date your siblings."

"Is this about Kol and Bonnie? I don't think you need to worry. She's smart. She knows he is just a womanizer."

"No." Klaus said.

"Oh...? I don't think Elijah and Elena will ever be a thing. I mean, you know how Elijah always puts family and study above all." Rebekah said.

"Bekah..." Caroline whispered.

"What?" Rebekah asked with a smile but it slowly faded away as she realized what they wanted to talk about. "Really?! You two?" Rebekah asked upset. "I thought I had made myself clear."

"We didn't plan for this to happen

"We didn't plan for this to happen." Caroline said.

"I can't let this thing between you two to happen." Rebekah said upset.

"Why? It's our life. This is nothing to do with you." Klaus said upset with Rebekah's behavior.

"Because you are my brother and I can't see you suffer again." Rebekah said.

"Caroline is not like any other girl. She's special. And we like each other."