Chapter IV - Preparations

She looked at me with a very confused look, but more surprised above anything.

Autumn: Are you... are you serious?

Me: One hundred percent.

I gave her one long kiss on the lips, and she responded with an even longer one. She then hugged me for a while, and we fell asleep on the bench, her in my arms. We woke up early a few hours later, just in time to catch the sunrise. She woke up just in time to catch it, and continued to lay in my arms.

Autumn: Wow... I've never seen the sky that red before.

Me: Once in a blue moon...

Autumn: Can I ask you something?

Me: Sure.

Autumn: What's your real name?

I paused for a moment, and told her.

Me: . . . Allister Cross.

Autumn: Allister.. That's badass.

She quickly fell asleep again, so I carried her up to her room, and laid her down on her bed. I went downstairs, and stopped when I heard a voice, but nobody was around.

???: Three days.

Me: -Who said that?

???: ...Three days until Damien arrives.

Me: What? Where will he be?

???: In the steepest point in the valley of the dawn.

Me: Where's that?

???: Equator. Dead on. You should know that he is extremely powerful. Even your power cannot stop him, let alone kill him.

Me: I guess I'll just have to not give up.

The voice stopped responding, then Max came downstairs.

Max: You see Sam lately?

Me: Damien is coming in three days, at the valley of the dawn, dead on the equator.

Max: How'd you get that?

Me: Something in my head... a voice... spoke to me... he'll be there in three days.

Max: We should prepare.

Me: I think we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Take today off.

Max: Well, if you say so.

Me: Oh, and I haven't seen Sam anywhere. Why?

Max: Just curious. By the way, have you ever seen her in a rage?

Me: ...No?

Max: Oh man, hell hath no fury, my friend, hell hath no fury!

Me: It can't be that bad.

Max: IT CAN'T BE THAT BAD?! Dude, people are dead and beyond because of her! She is one mean lady!

Me: When's the last time you saw her like that?

Max: A week or two before we found you, some bitch named Serene, kept nagging at her, and almost broke her.

Me: And what happened?

Max: She crossed the line. Sam went after her like a bat outta hell, and left her a bloody pulp, I tell ya. Broke her nose, ribs, a leg, and possibly other very important things. But after... She was just really sad and miserable.