Chapter XVII - Saving You From Yourself

Wynter's POV

I sat on the bench, and explained everything I remembered.

Me: From the moment I was born, my parents always treated me harshly. They never really cared. By the age of six, I could use a gun. At nine, I could kill a man seventeen different ways. Age twelve, I was a deadly assassin. At age nineteen... More than that. Unfeeling. Uncaring. Unstoppable.

Sam: That's one badass backstory.

Me: Amanda was put through the same thing. She was expected to be just like me. We may have been equal, but my parents... They broke her. They beat her until she listened. She could go weeks without eating. She was bent beyond her will to do beyond the impossible. In doing so made her the fiercest woman in the planet. Without emotion, she's not going to stop... And I remember what Serene did to her.

I started to tear up, but they had to know.

Me: We were tortured and beaten like we once were. Serene didn't know Ghost left... So she thought she'd give him something to remember her by. She... She ripped out her eyes... And replaced them with enhancements. A futuristic eye... You wouldn't even know by looking at her... She put a metal eyepatch on her... She broke her...

I wiped the tears away, and looked up at Sam.

Sam: Which is why we need to find her. You used to be like her, which means you used to think like her. Where would she go now?

Me: She's going to kill someone important... Sadie. Get me every vantage point for the casino. If there's anything I learned, I know that she'll go there. It's a gut feeling.

About an hour later, Sadie got me to the rooftops, where we saw the casino below us, and two buildings that were taller than where we were. We quickly scanned for Amanda, and I caught her in a window, and hid.

Me: Sadie! Pass me your sniper!

She chucked me her sniper, and I rolled over, and shot the glass window beside her. She backed off, and jumped out the window.

Sadie: IS SHE CRAZY?!

Me: It's hereditary.

She landed on the building beside her, and ran towards and past us, heading for the giant old refinery. I was the only one who could keep up with her, and tackled her when we got there. We fought, but she ended up winning, due to her being scientifically engineered after Serene put her out. She wasn't even aware that she was a killing machine. I tried taking her out with strikes and kicks, but she blocked them all, and slammed me against the wall. She summoned a sword with the blue energy, and we fought. I knew this was the end... but I wasn't going to go down without a fight. We attacked and blocked each other, but she ended up overpowering me, and pinned me up against the wall, choking me.

???: HEY!!

As I lost more and more air, she dropped me on the ground, and looked over behind her. It was Zephyr, in a fighting stance, ready to take on Amanda.

Zephyr: By the way... This has nothing to do with us splitting... right?

She went after him, but he blocked every attack she threw at him. Punches and kicks, I finally caught on. Zephyr was trying to wear her down, then incapacitate her.

Me: Zeph! It won't work! She won't stop fighting!

She tested him, catching Zeph off guard, and kicked him below the ribs. He peeled over, and looked back at her.

Zeph: ...Round two?

She only tilted her head, and gave him a swift knee to the head. She went around the corner, then I heard a really loud sound, like metal clanging, and saw Amanda fall over, out cold.