Chapter XVIII - No More

Allister's (Ghost) POV

Following the tire marks up the mountain to a long stretch of highway, I summoned a shadow motorcycle, and rode off. Feeling the wind in my hair, I kept my mind on what I was doing... Looking for Amanda. I pulled over when I saw Sadie's bike, by a modern house on the lake. I got off, and gently pushed in the door. I looked over through the far window, and saw Amanda, on her knees, crying, on a small island surrounded by beautiful trees. I walked outside, and hovered over, gently landing a couple feet behind her.

Amanda: ...Why did you follow me?

Me: Because I care about you. More than you would think.

My eyes slightly widened in shock as she turned around. She had a metal eyepatch on her left eye, kinda like me, covered by a bandana, and a cybernetic eye on her right, which was barely noticeable, but had a scar across her face.

Me: I... I feel so guilty...

Amanda: You feel guilty? ...I feel less then human. I feel worthless. I feel unworthy...

When she said "unworthy," I had a moment of silence inside, but I decided to show her what I really was. I slowly put my hand up to my eyepatch, and slowly removed it. She saw my silver eye, the unforgiving scar running across it, and looked down.

Me: Look at me.

She tilted her teary head up, looking into my eyes.

Me: I don't wanna ever hear you call yourself unworthy...

She was about to look down, but I put my hand on her chin, making her look up at my teary face.

Me: ...Because you're worth everything to me. I'm the one who should feel unworthy. I don't know what I ever did to deserve someone as beautiful and badass as you.

Amanda: I'll tell you what you did... You gave a damn.

I gave her a long, romantic kiss, and hugged her tightly. She looked into my eyes with that ever-so-beautiful blue eye, and I smiled.

Me: Between us... I didn't take this stupid thing off.

We headed inside, and... I'll let you think about the rest.

Timeskip, The Next Morning

I woke up in bed, my hair in a ponytail, a few thick strands of hair hanging down beside my eyes, and my arms still wrapped around Amanda, who looked beyond absolutely beautiful, even with that eyepatch in. Made her look like a pirate had a baby with an angel, and it was majestic. She rolled out of bed, and went to the kitchen to make herself a coffee, while I took a few to wake up. After, I laid on the couch with her, before heading back home. But, before that, I thought to myself, "Why hurry?" So I called up Wynter, let her know everything was ok, and stayed with Amanda for the next few days. It mostly consisted of laying in bed or on the couch. I knew she wasn't having the best time with the new eye and whatnot,  but she felt better since she knew I loved her for her, not anything else. A few days in, we headed back home, and laid on the couch together, like usual. It was me and Amanda, then Wynter, and then Sam. To be honest, being hounded by babes ain't too bad after all. After laying on the couch with a few beauties, I headed outside to get some fresh air. I noticed the ends of my black hair were turning a bright white, similar to Amanda's hair. I looked up at the moon, and felt relaxed. I headed inside, and saw everyone asleep, but didn't see Amanda. I headed upstairs, and saw the bathroom lights on, and heard the shower running. I headed to my room, and laid there for a good twenty minutes, but not being able to sleep. I saw Amanda walk out, wrapped in a towel, head to her room, closing the door behind her, and coming back in to my room in her underwear and whatnot, putting her freshly dry hair in a braid.