07|episode 2

"Wake up Hua," someone said shaking me.

"What time it is?" I asked half awake.

"6, you have an hour before class starts," the voice said. "Now get up."

"But why?" I complained, not moving an inch.

"Because you are in a show and if you don't eat before practice, I'm getting fire. Now please get up, Hua."

"Fine," I said getting up from my slumber.

"Here," Eric said tossing clothes at me. "You need to wear those and this." He handed me my name tag.

"Thanks, Dad," I sarcastically said.

"You're welcome daughter, now get ready," he said pushing me into the bathroom to change.

For my petite figure, the smallest size of the sweater is still big. I decided to deal with it and just wear the sweats. The sweats weren't as bad, they fit surprisingly well. I pull my name tag on my sweater. Looking at myself in the mirror, I felt sad. This is the first major thing I'm doing without my mother. Reminding myself I'm doing this for her. I touch my locket and let a tear shed. I haven't taken it off since I've been here.

"Hua, hurry up, it's 6:30 already," Eric said through the door.

"Okay," I said as I am opening the bathroom door and walking out. "Call me Yuanwei remember."

"Sorry. Here," he said handing me my watch. It was a present from my sister.

"Thanks. I'm going now, see you after?"

"Yeah, I'm probably going to be in and out all day. Love you, child."

"Okay, love you too," I say as I'm walking out of the room. Eric is like my big brother and father in one.

"Love me? Thanks," someone said behind me.

I turn around to see Lin Yanjun, I think. It's what his name tag says.

"I love no one," I joked.

"That hurt." He pretended to be hurt from it. "Hi, we haven't officially met, I'm Lin Yanjun."

"Hi, I'm Huang Yuanwei, nice to meet you," I said as we were walking down the hall to the dining hall.

"I know who you are. Everyone knows who you are," he says with a smile. I'm not going to lie he is very good looking.

"I doubt that everyone knows me," I said, hoping no one finds out my family. I don't even use my real name so I'm praying they don't.

"Who couldn't remember you? Your audition was amazing and it was in Korean."

"And if I remember correctly, you are from Banana Culture, right?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yes."

"You guys did great, I think a lot of you deserved higher rankings." I felt bad because they were all great but only one of them got A.

"We didn't do as good if you were the standards," he says trying to be nice.

"Thank you, but I doubt it. All of you set the standard for me," I said while we entered the dining hall. "It was nice to meet you."

"You too, I hope I see you around more, " he said when I walked away.