10|episode 3

italicize means Korean or other languages
--

We gather in this huge room where we first auditioned, lining up in our ranks: A to F. All of us were having our own little side conversations until someone said something on the microphone.

"Hello everyone," Li Ronghao said into the microphone.

"Hello Teacher Li," we all replied in unison, bowing.

"Did you sleep well?"

"No," I said with a lot of other trainees.

"Me either," he answered with a chuckle and we laughed alongside with him.

He asked us some questions about being vocals and made us raised our hands. I wasn't really paying attention because I didn't raise my hand. I never wanted to be vocal or rap. I just want to dance.

"How about we start singing?" Asked Ronghao after he questioned all of us and we all nodded.

He started from Rank A. We all started to sing the theme song but when we came to the high notes, no one hits it but for me. Since it was a register my voice can easily hit. Li Ronghao stopped us and said we should practice more. Then he went on to B-rank and so forth.

This kept going until the dances mentors came. They taught the dance move by move. Some people were struggling and others catch on quickly. I caught on pretty quickly to the moves. Some of the moves were harder to catch on but it became easier when the music played. The mentors told us to keep practicing and excused us for lunch.

"Hey, I'm going back to my room first," I told Minghao.

"Okay, see you at lunch," he replied hugging me.

When I reached my room, I noticed the door was slightly opened. Slowly opening the door to see who it was. It was Jackson.

"Hi Gege," I said walking into my room.

"How are you doing kid?" He asked looking from his phone.

"Just right," I joked with a little smile.

"Whoa, since when did you learn Korean?" He asked in complete shock.

"You know my family right? Also, I had to go to Korea for the academy," I said sarcastically. "Plus like totally an ex-trainee."

"But really are you okay?"

I sighed sitting on my bed. "I don't know. I'm scared. What if I'm not good enough? I don't have any experience at all with training as an idol. I also feel like if I don't make it I'm letting everyone down," I said as I started to cry. "Today I just want to cry, I don't want to do anything."

"Don't cry MeiMei, it doesn't look good on you. Plus seeing you now, I couldn't be prouder," he said pulling me into an embrace. "She would be so proud of you. I know week is going to be hard but I'm here for you."

By she, I knew he meant my mother. This was her passing away day and it's hard.

"Thank you Gege, I should go," I said wiping my tears. He nods and left my room. I took my medicine quickly and left the room to the hall.

"Hey," I said sitting down with food at the YueHua table.

"Hey, where have you been?" Zhengting asked.

"In my room. I needed some things from there," I answered with a smile.

"Can you help me? W-with the dance?" Xinchun stuttered to ask.

"Always," I relied smiling.

"What about me?" Zeren asked getting offered.

"Do you dance at the 520-143 academy? That's what I thought," Xinchun snapped. We all laughed at the clap back.

"Can you help me too?" Quanzhe-ge asked.

"Of course," I said with a big smile.