Chapter 5 - Whisper of night

There was a thin layer of fog. Sky could be clearly seen. Little gleaming stars and moon were clearly visible. Wind passed over the trees, making them shiver under its chilling effect.

She watched the moon, a light smile lingering on her face as she gazed the moon, sitting in the garden of her home. She was sitting in her night dress.

"You are so pretty." She talked to moon "I too want someone like you. I wonder when will I find him?" She sighed with a hopeful smile

"Mom and Dad, they are so perfect. I want a relationship like them, too. Armaan was okay but you know he doesn't match me. Though, Mahi can choose him. I won't mind" she giggled on her own stupid thoughts. Stupid, because she saw no sort of attraction between Armaan and Mahira so it wasn't sort of possible of two being together but then, thinking about impossible, it was so of her.

"That stupid doesn't even have brother." Piya scrunched her nose looking at moon talking about Armaan

"Anyways" she shrugged "my Prince charming doesn't need to be someone's brother. He will be different, different than the knight in shining armor about whom every girl dreams. He will be my supporter rather than my protector. I don't mind protection but over protection is sucking. What do you think?" Her eyes shined up as she watched moon like it would answer her question

Moon shined brightly, brightening the smile on Piya face.

"I knew you will agree with me, always. After all, I'm never wrong" she winked and then laughed at her own stupidity

She shivered as cool breeze blew, freezing her body.

"I think its time to go" Piya rubbed her hands so to get some warmth and stood up

She glanced the moon for one last time, with a smile, before walking inside her home.

.

His grey eyes filled with sadness, lingered on the moon as he stood by the window. The curtains were flying with wind.

No words came out of his mouth, just silence and tranquility surrounding him. He was observing, moon, just to calm his bursting head with the peace of night.

Peace of Night! His lips curved into a loopsided smile as he thought about it. There wasn't anything peaceful about night. No, nothing. Nothing about night was peaceful. Maybe for humans it was. But truly, night was most sinister of anything. It is the worst time of all when all the evils smirk and and laugh freely. It is the time of evils not of angels!

Anyways, it wasn't time to think about the darkness that linger in night, Abhay Raichand had to think about something more important.

His purpose!

The reason he came here, in Dehradun.

.

The small arrow pierced into the wall and the smile crept on his face. He smirked and watched the small dark hole, amused of what he did. He straightened his bended form and forward leg that he had posed sometime back for his small play.

Armaan sat on rocking chair facing the open widow. His eyes scanning the outside atmosphere, sitting in his bedroom, he took the glass from the side table not averting his gaze from the sky outside gleaming with stars.

"Nice weather!" He commented, amused, as he relished his drink

Armaan mind went back to the college. He couldn't shook off the face of Mahira from his mind. Her lower eyelashes when he first saw her. She was looking the most beautiful person he ever saw and surprisingly, even after all her anger directed towards him, she didn't get on his nerves.