Chapter 20 - A Pleasant Change ||Part 2||

Khushi stood rooted to her place. Her cheeks were moistened but she didn't care. All her life she hoped to see her Arnav and today when she actually succeed she was hurt more than ever.

He was laying there lifeless. His face bruised and his state worse than a patient struggling for life. He was fighting to live and all this while they considered him dead.

What can be worse than living a dead life?

Khushi heart broke million times as she saw him in that state. She rushed beside him. Placing his head in her lap, she watched him with heavy heart.

She gasped for oxygen as her breaths became unsteady. She cursed herself not to find him before and let him live a life worse than death.

"Khushi..." His voice entered her ears and she looked at him

He was still unconscious. She was surprised. Did he call her in this state? How is it possible? Or was it an illusion?

She looked around. There was no one beside them in the room. Maybe everyone was still fighting with enemies. She fought on the thought whether to call them or not. She didn't want to distract them while in a fight.

Madhu was looking around to find where Khushi disappeared. She was getting really bad vibes. She didn't know whether it was due to the evil interior showing signs of death or because something was really going wrong.

Madhu looked around the place with heavy heart. It was a room well cleaned unlike others but was the scariest one with sculptures of dangerous animals with twisted expressions. The room was painted dull white with patches of dirt tainting them black all around.

She entered further to see the fresh blood on clean floor. She was surprised on seeing blood. Evil forces never bleed on the injuries inflicted by powers.

She bend on her knees and extended her hand to touch it. Her hand was shivering. She pulled back her hand before she could touch it. She wasn't ready to touch it. There was a strange fear.

What if it is of Khushi?

Madhu eyes widened on realization. She let her fingers soak in red liquid and closed her eyes to welcome the flashes straining her mind using her gifted power to see past.

Blurred faces revolved around her mind. It was difficult to understand the reality behind the flashes. Her mind was bursting like never before.

Madhu quickly opened her eyes unable to stand the force of seeing the past of blood. There was something wrong. But one thing was clear. There was no girl. So Khushi was safe. She sighed. She wasn't ready to lose anyone anymore.

Khushi voice reached her mind startling her. She was calling them in a room at the end of the house. The one that was locked when they had entered the place.

"What's there?" Madhu mumbled standing up while looking at the blood

She turned around and make her way to the place where she was being called by her friend without turning back to see the change in blood.

.

Misha gasped to find herself pinned to the wall by Arav. She looked at him shocked.

"Arav?" Misha looked around

"No one is watching you anymore." Arav said rolling his eyes

"But how you reached so quickly?" Misha asked with a lump in her throat on the proximity between them

"All your fault! You irritate so much that I have to use the powers I hate the most." Arav complaint to her instead

"Why you hate them?" Misha asked