Chapter 33 - Evil ||Part 1||

Arav looked at his home that suddenly seemed so queer to him. Like it was a huge monster sleeping in the shroud of darkness.

He cringed at his own imagination. The truth were surely scarier than one could imagine and yet, he knew, soon more boggling truth would confront him.

Arav sighed shaking his head. He shouldn't think negatively. On the second thought, maybe it was good. If he had to act as distressed victim then he should be convincing.

He turned to Mahira and saw her bidding farewell to Armaan. Finally!

"Shall we?" Mahira seemed cheerful like few hours didn't exist. In a logical way, it didn't. It was ten at night while they lived more than two hours in the time, courtesy to Piya.

Arav nodded and they made their way inside.

The elders were sitting in hall. Asad was busy on laptop. Rishab was sitting beside Asad, looking at what Asad was working on. Madhu was reading a magazine. Zoya was lost in thought. Arnav was holding the teacup looking on silently. Khushi was holding her head with far off look.

There was a strange silence and the whole sight seemed a bit off.

Arav felt his heartbeat increasing. He dreaded if his mother realized the danger they faced? Premonition?

No please!

He prayed not wanting to answer them anything. He couldn't tell them the truth and what should he lie, he had no idea. Mahira understood his worry and squeezed his hand with a motivating nod.

With a heavy heart, he walked ahead.

Zoya was the first one to notice them and her gaze halted Arav's steps like a thief caught in his act. He felt the cold sweat on his forehead. It was so awful for him.

"Where's Piya?" Zoya asked standing up with a strange kind of calmness

Arav was confused and the confusion increased his worry. His mind was in chaos and he couldn't understand a thing.

"Don't know" Mahira shrugged

"Where were you?" Asad asked without looking up from his laptop

Arav gulped. His family's reaction was calm yet instead of comforting him, it was scaring him. Is it the calmness before the storm?

"Just... outing" Mahira replied

"Dinner is in kitchen." Madhu smiled at them

Arav let out the breath, he didn't know, he was holding from how long.

"Actually... We are bit tired. We'll just go in room" Mahira said holding Arav's hand

She started for stairs with Arav when Rishab called her.

"I didn't see Armaan from long. You should bring him for lunch sometimes." Rishab said leaning lazily "we must know him, you know"

Mahira looked at Rishab. She bit her lower lip not knowing what to answer. Instinctively, she hid her hand behind her back not wanting anyone to see her empty finger.

Anyhow, she was thankful that her family never questioned when she was angry on Armaan. She couldn't have lied then.

"Sure" she passed a weak smile and rushed upstairs with Arav

Stealthily, they walked in Khushi room and opened the door to library.

.

Screen went blank and he let out another exasperated sigh. If only he could see what they were doing in that sick library.