Chapter 18 - Playing Emotions

Mahira watched as Armaan entered the party. She was amazed by his aura. It was something she never felt before.

Armaan looked at her directly and smiled surprising her.

Mahira passed him a smile as he welcomed everyone with a formal speech.

After meeting a few business associates, Armaan made his way to Mahira.

"Mahi...." Armaan called softly

Mahira looked at him spellbound. The way he called her, it stirred something in her heart. She felt how she was getting too attracted to him.

"Armaan?" Mahira looked at him indicating him to continue

Armaan looked at her for minute but then looked away. He was thinking something.

"Thank you" Armaan said slowly

"For what?" Mahira looked at him with confusion

"For being beside me.... To hear me out..." Armaan said looking down

Mahira observed him. She felt him saying it all yet still hiding something from her.

"What's the matter, Armaan?" Mahira asked

Armaan looked at her. There was hesitation in his actions. He looked around.

Mahira watched him in confusion. She wanted to know the matter with him.

Armaan stepped back watching her confusion increasing. He pulled out something from his pocket and sat on one knee looking at Mahira.

Mahira looked around. Everyone was watching them. She looked at Armaan in surprise, somewhere she knew what he was doing but was she ready? Her heartbeat raised. She didn't want it, not now at least.

"Armaan....?" Mahira whispered looking around

Armaan extended his hand. The ring shone brightly. Armaan looked at Mahira with hope.

"I love you, Mahira...." Armaan said slowly with a glint and hesitation in his eyes

"Will you.... Do you love me?" Armaan asked with hope, his brow raised and eyes scanning her's

"I know I was really bad with you in start but... It was because I misunderstood you. It wasn't easy....." Armaan sighed closing his eyes "I am sorry for all that but I really love you. The times I spend with you, I never found that comfort before. Will you be mine? Will you be with me?"

Mahira watched him numb. The hope in his eyes and the hesitation in his words, perhaps fearing rejection, was compelling her to say yes but her heart was in conflict. She was still unaware of her feelings for him but somewhere her heart was beating for him and she felt it yet she felt it to be too early to conclude anything and take such a big decision.

"I don't know if you love me or not but I really do, Mahira. I really wants to be with you. Do.. you feel same?" Armaan spoke again and looked at her with fear gripping him

Mahira looked around, everyone was spectator of his proposal and he was sitting there not caring for his reputation. Her eyes fell on her parents who were looking at her with shock. Didn't she wish for a loving relationship like her parents? A loving partner?

Mahira turned to Armaan. Her face lightened up slowly, brightening His too.

"Yes...." Mahira whispered with a nod

Armaan smiled gleefully. He stood up and looked at her. He pulled out the ring from box and looked at her for approval.

Mahira extended her hand. He looked at her and slid the ring in her finger. Both gazed at each other.