Chapter 14 - Flickering Circumstances

Misha was sitting in a corner, away from everyone. She was lost in thoughts. How much she try, she wasn't able to forget about Arav and last night was the cherry on top. She had never seen so many emotions in someone's eyes and it scared her.

Misha shook her head and tried to get out of the thoughts. She didn't want to think about Arav but it seemed her mind wasn't in her control. She was frustrated but at the same time she wanted to think about him and know about him.

"Who's he? No one, right! Why am I thinking about him so much then?" Standing up, angrily, Misha questioned herself

Her thoughts came to stop when her eyes met with Arav's.

Arav was passing by when he saw her worried about something. He smiled thinking how cute she looked even with worry.

"But what is troubling her so much?" Arav questioned himself with a frown

Suddenly Misha looked towards him and he realized he was caught off guard staring her. He looked away after a moment and left the place quickly feeling the frown on Misha's face.

.

Piya entered the college in a jolly mood. She was really happy after last night. She thought her relationship with Abhay was becoming better but a thought was troubling her too. She had seen Abhay's reluctance even when he wanted to be with her. She wanted to know the reason but knew that Abhay won't tell her not now, at least.

But that unknown reason was scaring her, though she hid it well in her heart not wanting to think about something bad.

Her life was beautiful and love was adding more beauty in it but she had no idea on what path she had stepped.

Piya saw Abhay passing by. Her face lit up instantly. She waved towards him happily.

Abhay stopped seeing her. The smile on her face stirred something in him. He felt a dull ache.

Piya frowned as Abhay walked away ignoring her. She remembered the last night and bit her lower lip feeling low. She shook her head and smiled finding a made up excuse for Abhay's behaviour she walked for her class.

Abhay was sure about his decision. He had to stay away from Piya! He felt bad for her but decided not to think about her. He had a thing to do. Worse was on its way else.

Abhay was walking. His mind was lost in some thoughts. He stopped realising someone was standing in his way. He looked up to see Armaan. He fisted his hands to control himself.

Armaan grinned. He hummed walking around of him much to Abhay's irritation.

"ONCE AGAIN TOGETHER!" Armaan said happily

Abhay looked away displeased.

"Looking away from me. ME! Not bad! Finally, dropping the masquerade of goodness eh?" Armaan smiled looking around to make sure no one was noticing them

Abhay looked at him trying to read his face like trying to see something, something he knew well but wasn't able to see.

"What happened?" Armaan asked feigning concern "feeling angry?" A mocking smile crept on his face

Abhay closed his eyes and looked away.

Armaan laughed.

"Don't worry...." Armaan straightened himself and continued "I don't have time for you, right now. I have really important work to do." Armaan smiled deviously

Abhay looked at him. He knew that smile. He knew what it meant. Panic crept in his veins.

"No Armaan you can't do it. Don't do it." Abhay started but Armaan walked away smiling, leaving Abhay in his despair