Chapter 25 - Insecurities

Arav entered the mansion. He stopped as he looked at his mother tending her husband wounds who was looking at him now. He fisted his hands. He couldn't stand that man's gaze.

Ignore, he told himself and started to walk away.

"Arav..." The voice was so close like in his head with so much love and pain in it, for a moment his heart melted

He turned around slowly. Arnav was standing now with Khushi beside him. His mother beside him. He again felt the hatred overpowering him. He quickly left the place. How much he try, his heart wasn't ready to forgive that man.

He stood in corridor leaning over the wall. His eyes closed. He breath deeply.

"Am sorry mom...." Arav muttered slowly knowing well he was hurting his mother but he couldn't fake himself too. In fact he wasn't even able to control his anger in front of that man then how was he suppose to talk to him?

Arav sighed and straightened himself. He quickly entered in his room not wanting to be seen by anyone.

.

Arnav blinked looking where Arav left. He turned to Khushi who looked down.

"Does he hate me?" Arnav asked straightly

Khushi gasped. She looked at him immediately. She could see nothing in his eyes. He was blank.
Is he hiding his pain from her? Her heart broke thinking that he was hiding himself from her.

"No.... He just needs time. He'll be fine soon." Khushi said forcing a smile

Arnav hung his head. He looked at her after a minute.

"why is he like this?" He asked

"He..." Khushi bit her lower lip " he is like this with everyone. You weren't there na that's why.... But don't worry his father is here now and he'll be soon fine" Khushi replied with heavy heart

"I hope so...." Arnav whispered sitting back with deep thoughts

"I'll be just back..." Khushi said and quickly left in kitchen

She let out a deep breath in loneliness. She found the pain in her chest increasing like never before. She got her Arnav back but there wasn't any happiness. Her family was still incomplete. She felt lost like never before.

Even after having Arnav beside her, she felt alone. Her son was no more with her and her husband... He was there but still not there. Everytime she looked in his eyes, she would feel pain. The emptiness in his eyes.... He was like a lost soul... His memory and powers badly effected...

Everything was worst than before... All she could do was wish everything become fine. But all this has just increased her rage for Demonio. They were still finding him but were unable to. Arnav had once asked her to forget about Demonio with a fear, perhaps he feared worst, but she wasn't ready to let go off that demon.

Everytime her heart broke, she vowed to take the revenge of her broken family....

.

Arav came down hearing the voices. He saw Asad Zoya and Madhu Rishab meeting Arnav Khushi after returning home from office. His eyes went to the Piya sitting on dining table enjoying her food while eyeing family drama.

He looked at his family and then walked in dining area to Piya. He stood beside her.

Piya stopped eating and looked at her brother. She sighed.

"Am hungry, Arav." Piya said slowly while drinking juice from glass indicating that she wasn't in mood to hear anything right now

Arav watched as Piya placed the glass on the table and took morsel to eat. He wasn't the one to back off.