Chapter 20 - A Pleasant Change

The hall was filled with darkness. There was a strange silence lingering. The situation was darker than the atmosphere.

"We have to stop him!"

Abhay watched as his father looked at him. Were those words just for him? He looked away taking a shallow breath.

He himself wanted that, no? But both of their reasons were different and he couldn't voice out his thoughts.

"You have to stop him, Abhay."

Abhay jerked to his father. What are they even expecting from him? It isn't like he would tell him 'don't do it' and he'll listen to him?

Abhay rolled his eyes at the stupidity of his father.

Didn't he tell them the result of his meet?

Oh well he told them what was necessary not the whole story actually but that was enough... no wait actually they already know Armaan won't listen to anyone ever, forget that he'll listen to him.

A pang of mocking sadness... as his inside laughed at Chand words.

"He doesn't listen to me and you know that." His voice was filled with irritation as he spoke the obvious

"Only you can stop him, Abhay, or else his plan will bring us..... Doom" Chand assessed with impending voice

Doom is their fate from the beginning, Abhay thought with a sigh.

He couldn't understand what to do and what not. This chaos was the result of that fateful night. He was trapped between reality and illusion since then. Trapped between what was the truth, back then, and what was just an eye wash. To disappoint him more, no one listened to him. He too stopped saying anything anymore. Stopped questioning the reality of that night that was causing all the worst events.

The worst was his belief! That no one was at fault!!! That it was just fate... playing with them.... twisting everything for them.

"I know he won't tell you anything..."

Abhay sighed. Finally, his father accepted. The relief hadn't even prevail when the next words of his father shook Abhay to core. It froze Abhay on his place. He couldn't believe it was happening.

His all efforts to save her.... will they just go in drain?

His chest twisted under heavied pain, a lump in his throat chocking him.

"Get close to that girl...." Chand stopped thinking the name and then continued "Priya Azaad!"

"That girl.... She must know more than we.... and can tell you about His plans" Chand said sitting on sofa

"Why should we bring her in all this? She will be hurt..." Abhay knew his voice was rash than he expected but he didn't care, Piya bubbly face was flashing in his mind and panic was raising in his veins

Haseena looked at Abhay. She could see something different in his panic.

"Abhay..." Haseena stopped after thinking something letting Chand say whatever he wanted to

"Stop being emotional, Abhay." Chand said making Abhay flinch remembering Armaan's similar words "you have to do it or else you'll be the reason for the destruction" Chand looked at Abhay pointedly

Abhay clenched his fist.  Why always he has to sacrifice? Why is he so helpless? He try so much to set everything right but everything goes wrong in the end!

He watched his parents leaving him alone as they always do. They would never stand by him to support him in his decisions. That night too they were lost in their own to notice hid devastation and his struggle to accept the truth.