Chapter 12 - A Start of New Journey

Arav saw Mahira leaning on wall standing in corridor. He wasn't expecting her and was quite surprised but understood. He noticed the unsaid worried on her face and her distant gaze, perhaps, she was thinking something.

Arav knew the reason so he braced himself and walked to her.

"Mahi" Arav called her

Mahira wasn't startled even if she was lost. She simply turned her head to him and looked at him with hollow gaze. She sighed and then straightened herself.

"You remember what we have to do, right?" Arav said slowly

"Of course I do! That's why I'm here." Mahira replied softly

Arav nodded. His mind was lost about the conversation in hall. He stood looking down thinking about sometime back and stood completely unaware of Mahira's scrutinizing gaze directed to him.

"Arav, library is in mum's room and if we'll go together mum might doubt so.... You go and check for now, I'll come when mum and others will get busy with preparations." Mahira said after thinking something with a nervous smile

Arav was glad at her proposition. It was something he wanted.

"You are right!" Arav said not looking at her, trying to hide the relief on his face from her

Mahira passed a weak smile and eyed him going.

As Arav left, Mahira stood watching where he left, thinking sadly.

Mahira knew the reason behind his lost state and silence. She knew very well what he wanted to do and what he was planning. That's why she let him go alone so he could have a talk with his mother and feel relax. He must have been worried for her knowing her decision of celebrating marriage anniversary.

Somewhere, she too, in fact all of them wanted Arav to talk to Khushi regarding this matter as more than anyone else only Arav could find what actually Khushi's feelings are, about the whole celebration.

Mahira sighed and walked to her room.

Arav entered Khushi's room. Khushi wasn't present there. Arav looked around. His eyes stopped at moved bookshelf and he was surprised to realize where his mother was.

"What is mum doing in there?" Arav talked to himself eyeing the shelf

Arav walked to the bookshelf and sighed. They could be moved either by powers or button system that was installed when they were kids. For Arav, using power was something like death so he chose to push the button that was hidden behind books.

The shelf moved in side showing the door to the hidden library.

Arav hesitated to open the door. He didn't want to disturb Khushi. Suddenly it stuck him why Khushi went inside hidden library. He frowned.

Arav opened the door and entered inside.

Thousands of books piled on shelves, covering the walls. The air was heavy with pleasant scent of books. A big table placed in the middle with some books piled and chairs surrounding it.

Arav saw his mother sitting on one of the chair, startled by the sudden intrusion. He thought he saw her hiding something though he tried to see what it was but remained silent about it.

"Arav!" Khushi breathed with trembling voice, scared of getting caught

Arav narrowed his eyes as his gaze scrutinizing his mother's averting gazes. His mother was hiding something, he was sure about that now but the question was what was she hiding from him this time.

Arav was lost in his thoughts of investigation when he heard his mother's​ voice once again.

"Is everything alright, son?" Khushi stood beside him inquiring in composed voice