Chapter 28 - Let's Find A Way

Mahira leaned on car thinking over her life twisting and turning in just a few days. She was enjoying her life with her sister bickering and her brother silent love. She yearned for love something similar to what her parents shared and unexpectedly she found it in a man who was planning to kill her father. It felt so genuine yet it was so fake. How could someone act so real?

He did so much for her. She was worried for her sister and he helped her to distract. Was it fake too? That concern? How? How could someone fake it so much that you just couldn't believe it was fake?

She wished him to defend himself but what he did? Instead of saying anything he just went to his brother admitting everything. How ridiculous! He could've defended himself even if he was wrong. Everyone does that particularly if they were wrong.

Mahira exhaled in frustration standing up straight. She was tired of thinking about him. She loved Armaan and couldn't accept his betrayal, her heart rejecting every explanation of her brain. She was frustrated not on anyone but on herself.

She looked at Piya who seemed quite annoyed. She looked at her wristwatch and sighed. They were waiting for Arav from last fifteen minutes but he hadn't shown up yet.

She looked sideways letting the memories and thoughts engulfed her mind once again but she was stopped from going into that memory lane by a voice.

"Here you are..."

It was Piya's frustrated voice. She looked towards her and then towards Arav standing beside her.

"Am I late?" Arav asked giving a nervous smile

"Obviously no! You are not late but extremely late" Piya replied, frustration was evident

"Oh..." Arav was ready to say something but then he saw Ansh and Arushi, he was reminded of Piya behavior towards them. He looked at Piya.

"I'll be just back" Arav said and walked away without any reply from Piya

Piya watched with anger as Arav talked to Ansh and Arushi. She was hurt and felt insulted. Her brother left her to wait just to apologise to some strangers for something that she did. She didn't do something wrong then why?

"Piya..."

Piya turned to Mahi but looked away soon enough. She knew her feelings would be clear on her face to be read by anyone and that was the thing she never appreciated.

"Why are you so annoyed?" Mahira asked

"Look at your brother, Mahira. He doesn't care for us anymore" Piya said like an insecure kid

Mahira was surprised but didn't show it. She gave Arav a quick glance and then turned to Piya.

"He does, Priya. But it doesn't mean he'll be tied to us." Mahira said softly in order to calm her down

"I don't care!" Piya stomped her foot on ground and walked over to the car, she opened the car door and sat inside

Rolling down the window, she looked outside with a searing pain in her chest. Her eyes welled up. She felt lonely. It was an awful feeling of being rejected by everyone. Everyone had their own priority but she wasn't anyone's first priority and it hurts. It always does.

Just then Abhay passed by. Their eyes met. He was saddened to see the tears in her eyes. He was the reason. Reason for everyone's pain..... Her pain....

Her heart fluttered seeing him. She felt an irresistible desire to be with him. She wanted him to come to her and smile at her. She wanted him to defend himself and erase every pain from her life. She wanted him to tell her that he was with her. She wanted to be with him. She wanted to be his priority. She wanted him.