Chapter 11 - A New Path

Mahira walked in the corridor of college. She wasn't feeling well. There was a nagging feeling of sickness. She knew it wasn't her body but her senses feeling all the sickness. She was with Arav when she started to feel this strange sickness and she decided to have a walk, away from everyone's eyes or else she knew Arav, he would go mad on seeing her state and would try to do everything to make her feel better but she didn't want to trouble him when she herself didn't know the reason.

She paced in empty corridor of college, breathing the fresh air trying to soothe her fastening nerves. Fog was increasing, she noticed but didn't care. Suddenly, she started to feel suffocated of dense fog and heaving air.

Her mind was numbing and her gaze turned hazzy, she was losing herself but she tried to get a grip on herself. She couldn't let herself fall so easily.

Armaan was as usual strolling all over the college watching everything happening and amusing himself. He stopped as his eyes fell on an empty corridor. He felt something weird about it and decided to check on.

As he neared, he noticed some movements and that's when he noticed Mahira pacing. He scrutinized as he noticed her worried face. He realized she was restless about something. It was for the first time he was seeing her in this state and it seemed weird.

He was still thinking what to do when he noticed her holding wall and her eyes half opened. He saw her gasping for breath and realized she would faint any moment. His instincts took over him and he ran to her.

She lost her conscious and was going to hit floor any moment when in her half conscious state, she felt someone holding her. She gasped for breath and struggled to open her eyes.

Armaan looked at her closed eyes but felt she was struggling to wake up. He sat on floor laying her head on his lap and touching her cheeks slowly.

"Mahi" she heard the voice calling her, she knew it was familiar but she wasn't able to recognise it, her mind wasn't working.

Armaan was worried to see Mahira state. His own mind stopped working. He didn't know what to do until he saw Arav rushing to them with windy speed.

Slowly, she realized she was feeling better and that's when someone pulled her from her saviour lap and she gasped for breath again. She was losing again.

"Mahi!" Arav shouted pulling her in his lap

"What have you done to her?" Arav yelled at Armaan whose eyes were stuck on breathless Mahira

He looked at Arav shocked. He was accused for something he himself didn't know and was worried about. He didn't know what to say when suddenly Mahira mumbled something.

"Hold me, please." Mahira held Armaan's hand in half conscious state

Arav and Armaan were shocked. They looked at each other, one with fury and other with confusion.

"Please..." she muttered again

Arav looked away, hurt. He couldn't believe his own sister was pushing him away and was saying a stranger to hold her. What wrong he did for Mahi to say this?

Armaan didn't wait for any more word and without wasting a second, he scooped Mahira in his arms. All he wanted was to see her safe even if it hurts her boyfriend or whoever the guy was.

After fifteen minutes, Mahira started to regain her conscious. Everything was haze in start but soon her gaze cleared and she noticed her surrounding. She was laying on a table and Armaan was sitting beside her while Arav was standing at distance looking at her. She sat up immediately remembering all that happened.