Chapter 16 - Medley of Emotions

Piya was sitting in her usual place, in the back garden of her home with the foggy night. Her eyes were gazing the sky like they always do for the peace but tonight they were lost, lost in deep thoughts and in a memory so fresh. Her heart filled with sadness but her face blank, void of any emotion.

Life is unpredictable so are humans. No one can ever understand the real turmoil in human heart nor anyone can realize the real reason behind their each behavior. Mostly people fail to see the unshed tears and infinite concern in the person who hides it all time with a smile or silence. No one can understands anyone until or unless they expose their emotions themselves.

Piya sighed, her heart ached and her eyes filled up.

It hurts! It always does. Is the age difference such a sin that you will be pushed to side in important matters? Doesn't her love mean anything? Why does her involvement is not considered?

She wiped her tears and looked up as fresh tears made their way.

She remembered her times with Arav and Mahi. How beautiful they were! The teasings, the leg pullings and the immense love.

She sighed!

She isn't blind in her new found feelings for Abhay to see the secret brewing in her siblings. The distance that is increasing between them due to the secret mission her siblings are on and think she might do something stupid or isn't capable of being part of their secret.

It hurts to know they think she can't handle things and is too immature. If only they will understand that all the funny remarks she make is just to lighten the situation and hide her hurt. It has been always her secret attempt to lend her helping hand even when she don't know the problem that is troubling them.

How much she try to help them they don't let her. What's the use of her if she can't be of any help to her own family.

There is something going on. Everyone is hiding something but why from her? Doesn't she tell them everything about her? Then why can't they tell her? Why can't she stand with them? Why only her?

Piya closed her eyes letting go off all the pain. She need to be strong, she reminded herself.

She pushed her thoughts to Abhay but her heart instead of lightening up ached more. What she saw today morning was giving her bad feeling.

"C'mon Piya let this go... Breath..." Piya tried to calm herself taking deep breaths

"Look around, its so beautiful. The night is so beautiful..." Piya said looking around and forcing a smile

Somewhere all the burdens started to fall and she was able to get out of the dark side of herself.

.

Khushi looked through the books. Her heart was restless to know the reason behind the words that were engraved on golden wood. She was restless to find her love.

There was no translator of those words. She fell on chair sighing. Arnav's face lingered in the back of her head.

"Khushi" his husky voice echoed in her ears from the past "I love you" his continuous showering of love

A lone tear escaped from her eyes.

"Save.... me"

Khushi sat with jerk. She can't lose hope. She has to save him, she reminded herself. She looked at the golden wood and took it in her hand.

Khushi read the words again and again trying to decode the mystery or get some hint but all in vain. She punched the table in frustration that's when her eyes fell on the last line.