Chapter 17 - Step Ahead?

Arav watched the Dobriyal mansion from distance. He looked around suspiciously. He had a feeling of danger on Misha from the time Piya told Misha about their secret.

He was keeping an eye on Misha from that time only.

He checked the time on his watch assuming her to be sleeping, he walked to the window of her room. He saw her sleeping from the window.

A smile appeared on his lips to see her sleeping peacefully.

"Always fighting! But look at her now, sleeping like a baby" Arav smiled shaking his head

Assuring that she was fine, he turned around to go. He had just taken a step when his shield activated alerting him of an intruder. His eyes widened in shock. He looked in Misha room and then looked around. On finding no one but still getting the alarm he decided to use his powers for the first time on his own.

Arav shielded his presence and turned invisible. He kept a watch around trying to see if anyone was around.

After some minute, he thought that powers betrayed him again and there wasn't anything wrong. He was dropping his shield of invisibility when he noticed the strange happenings in Misha room.

"Something is wrong" his mind told him

He peeped inside Misha room and looked around.

Suddenly, a man appeared in Misha room. His lips moved murmuring some arcane words.

Arav eyes widened as he realized his intentions weren't right. He quickly extended his hand radiating the powers at the man and breaking his own invisibility.

The man winced and looked at Arav in shock. He looked at Misha who woke up and gasped seeing two men in her room at the middle of night. The man smirked and extending his hand let the black beam radiate out towards Misha.

Arav tried to stop his power as he raised his hand throwing a quick ball of fire.

Though the attack of man was distracted but it hurt Misha on her shoulder and she cried out in pain. Arav turned to her in shock. He ran to her but then turned to the man who was smirking at his victory.

Arav used his powers, extending his right hand from where a beam of light glittered, capturing the man in big yellow ball. He fisted his hand making the man wince as the crystal hurt him.

"Who send you?" Arav gritted angrily, his eyes were turned yellow as he used his full power

The man trapped in bubble made by Arav's power, laughed.

"Boss was right about you and.... Her" the man said

Ball of crystal formed by Arav powers broke as he got distracted in confusion resultantly pain shot through his right hand. He held his hand in pain and looked at the man who disappeared.

Arav was boggled. He then turned to Misha who was losing her conscious due to the wound.

"Oh damn! How can I forget she can't stand the powers" Arav rushed to her forgetting about his own hand

"Misha" Arav held her

Arav closed his eyes and gathering his dormant powers, gifted by his father, he swiped his hand over her shoulder making the deep black wound disappear in thin air.

Misha was fine in a second. She looked at Arav.

"What was it Arav?" Misha asked

"Am sorry because of us you are facing this!" Arav looked away in guilt

"Who was he?" Misha asked

"You already know a lot for this to happen, I can't tell you anymore!" Arav stood up without looking at her, he was feeling guilty for being the reason behind someone's pain