Chapter 29 - We Are Linked

The moon was being played by scattered clouds. The cold wind was laughing through the trembling trees. The darkness, as Abhay always considered, was playing its heinous game, cackling at the terrorized.

Abhay stood holding the polished railing of terrace, gazing deep in darkness. His eyes dimmed like the life in them died long back.

One day, Abhay thought, The darkness will consume me completely. That day, I will be the darkness myself. Dark and terrorising.

Abhay closed his eyes. His hair fleeting over his forehead. He wished to find calmness but could feel coldness only.

"Should I let this happen?" Abhay questioned himself.

Tearful eyes of Piya when she had gazed at him, flashed in his mind and he couldn't help feeling remorseful.

Let yourself go, Abhay said to himself, free everyone.

"Abhay" the voice called

Abhay turned around. His mother was standing at doorstep of terrace. Her eyes stopped at him.

"Your father has something to tell. Come down" Haseena said

Abhay nodded. His mind was lost. Fighting with his heart. Trying to take the decision. Of darkness.

He walked across the terrace length and stepped down the stairs.

An old habit. Walk to father without question. Listen to father without question.

Like a puppet!

A subtle smile of sarcasm came on his weary face. He was a puppet. Yet he never listened anyone.

A Caged Traitor!

.

Madhubala placed the final book on shelf organizing the library in its original order. She froze for a moment thinking over the whole problem molded in front of them.

"All done?" Rishab voice came from behind

Madhu took a deep breath, getting out of her reverie and nodded in affirmation. Withdrawing her hand from shelf, she gazed longingly at books.

Zoya didn't find anything!
They can't work together!
Time is running out!

The words swirled in her mind making her feel dizzy. She couldn't believe how after years they were once again trapped in Demonio web. This time worser than before. He was playing too well or maybe better than she could ever imagine.

"Zoya is much worried" Rishab said

Madhu turned around. She saw Rishab sitting on chair. He was leaning on table. His elbow were resting on table and fingers pressing the forehead.

"And you are not?" Madhu asked sitting on the chair opposite to him

Rishab looked at her. His shoulders slumped for a moment before he straightened himself.

"I am!" Rishab admitted "but I never saw Zoya in such state. She is the calmer one amongst us."

Madhu pursed her lips. She had nothing to say. Rishab was right after all. Zoya had called them to find some way to enter the library as her time to remain out of sight was over.

She had got a shock on entering the library. Library had seemed like gone through a storm. Not something she and Rishab had expected. They had thought some books were misplaced here and there since Zoya had always been conscious of orderliness. The mess they saw and arranged was something they would never expect from Zoya. Yet it happened. This gave them a clear idea of Zoya not in state of calm anymore.