Chapter 30 - Holding Secrets

Mahira glanced towards Piya who was playing with the spoon. She looked at the empty chairs around dining table and turned her attention back to Piya. She could see the paleness on her face.

She never saw Piya so lost of energy not even after her heartbreak.

Something is wrong, Mahira felt her mind warning her

She watched as Piya eyes turned to Hall. She thought she saw her wincing like something hurt her but she couldn't fathom if it was mental or physical pain.

She squinted wanting to understand what was hurting her baby sister. She glanced towards hall to see what was hurting her but saw nothing other than all members sitting and talking except for Arav who wouldn't stand his father's presence and thus was in his room.

Is it because of Abhay?
Mahira wondered. She was reminded of Abhay answers to her in morning and gritted her teeth in anger.

Focus on Piya, Mahira chided herself trying to control her anger for the guy with whom her sister was in love.

She gave a sigh, stood up from her chair and walked to Piya. She touched her shoulder making her flinch. She was surprised taken aback by her reaction.

"What's the matter?" Mahira asked softly concealing her shock with worry for her baby sister

Piya looked at her for a long second. She blinked like trying to understand something. She stood up slowly.

"I'm going in my room!" Piya replied, her voice down to a whisper

Mahira looked at the untouched food and glanced back at Piya. She wanted to question but she didn't want to pressure her.

Mahira watched her going and thought for sometime.

She let out a tired sigh and made her way to her room. She was near to her room when she shrugged, turned around and walked in Arav room. She saw him lying on his bed over his chest and busy on his phone.

She raised her eyebrow and took silent and careful steps towards him.

Arav squinted feeling the presence around him. He didn't think before rolling on his other side and turning to the side he felt the presence.

"Mahi!" Arav exclaimed completely startled to see her

Mahira raised her eyebrow at his reaction with an amused smile on her face.

Arav looked at his phone that lay on his bed with its screen down. He was relief to see he didn't drop it with its screen upward. Clearly, he realized what Mahira intentions were.

He raised his head without sitting up.

"What's wrong with you, Mahi?" Arav asked "you are turning into second Piya"

"Really?" Mahira asked sitting on the bed "but why do you think so?"

Arav looked at his phone that lay between Mahira and him. He hesitated and then took it from bed in a quick movement.

Mahira covered her mouth with her palm, hiding the smile that was widening on her face.

"What was that thing downstairs and what were you doing now?" Arav asked sitting up straight

"Did I do something wrong?" Mahira asked with wide eyes, she did her best to suppress her smile

Arav closed his eyes, swallowing. He realized his sister was playing with him and there was no stopping her. He tried to stop himself from blurting out something he shouldn't.

"I was talking to Ansh" Arav said

"Did I ask?" Mahira raised her eyebrow, she was sure he was lying