Chapter 11

"What do you want, kid?" I was surprised that she immediately knew it wasn't the council.

        "I- uh, well- um, I'd like to learn-learn a few languages and no one seems to know what they are..." I trialed blushing at my own stumbling.

         "You mean Occeanbic? I was pretty surprised when you didn't know what it was but I often forget its a dead language, not surprising no one knew what it was either," She hummed while I bit my lip, "I don't have time to teach brats to read you know? I've got my hands full-" A growl cut her off as yipping and whining followed, "God damn it- KNOCK IT OFF YOU DUMB F-" She growled cutting herself off as my eyes widened.

       "I-I'm sorry- I... I didn't know you were busy,"

      "Just... Look, kid, I'd probably do it if I wasn't busy, purely to screw with those uppity elites but I really do have my hands full, so, have these and return this to wherever you stole it." A mountain of books dropped onto my floor while I paled at the sight. "I've got to go-"

      "Wait! I- um- sorry, it's just I was wondering if I could learn one more..." Moving the crystal I opened the books and sent her a picture of the first page in each in case they were different languages.

       "Laiyati? Damn kid, what's with you and dead languages? I mean, come on, why bother learning half baked potions anyway?" Opening my mouth I was cut off with another mountain of books that was flooded with a few more mountains and no floor. "There, you've got everything you need to learn both and even properly research topics I doubt you have permission to, I also put in a little extra in case you think to call me again,"

       She hung up, the black glow pulling into the crystal while I silently stared at the many many books. I wasn't sure if she was kind or if she just wanted to get rid of me. Well... She didn't have to help me if she just wanted to get rid of me. My smile faltering when I looked at the flood of books covering my room. You couldn't see the floor and even my bed wasn't free from their grasp.

       The dragon stiffing them from its little hammock I tied up in the corner. Oh boy... I should... Put this back! Yep, I should put it back! Grabbing the books I pulled out one of my many crystals and immediately began taking pictures of every page only to stuff the books back in the bag with the crystal.

       Being far more careful with being seen this trip as going back in forth without was a little off putting I didn't even have to pick the lock as it was open and quickly put everything back just how I saw it. Ducking out just as fast I rushed to my room carefully and the moment I opened the door I sighed wishing I moved slower. I Mean sure tomorrow was my only day off but tomorrow was my only day off.

        We only had Sunday off all week and I didn't want to waste my Sunday with books. I wanted to sleep and maybe go out into town to binge on actually edible food. But no. I had to ask for help. Oh stars...

         "Lilith? Dear?" Came a timid voice with a gentle knock on my already opened door while I looked up squinting, my lack of sleep getting to me. "Oh my... You've been busy..." She tried with a smile while picking up one of the books, I didn't even bother to worry as it was in Laiyati and that was a dead language apparently. I saw mild confusion flash in her eyes as she frowned, her brows pulling together telling me she did not understand it any better than I did.

     "This is..."

     "Laiyati," I grumbled, her eyes sparking as I rubbed my eyes, putting a bookmark in the book I was currently reading.

      "We don't have many of these in school, did you clear out the shelves of it?" She asked with a soft laugh as I tossed back the disgustingly bitter drink that made coffee seem sweet. I will say, no matter how gross, it did wonders for energy. The things we give up...

       "No, I had a friend send them," I yawned stretching not insane enough to collect more books.

       "Well, I'm surprised you know the name let alone someone with many of the languages books." Yeah, public enemy number one was pretty chill with torturing me with what felt like millions of books because I was overly curious... As if I'd say that. I should sleep I'm getting grouchy.