Chapter 24

"I thought you didn't know alchemy?" Adrain asked amused while I turned the page in my book.

       "I don't," I said curtly, he looked over my shoulder and made a strange noise of anguish.

       "What on earth is that supposed to be?" Glancing at him I looked back at the page.

       "Occeanbic," 

        "What?"

        "The ancient language," Alex paused feeding the fire to look up at me surprised while Adrian didn't hide his shock, his jaw going slack. 

        "You know the ancient language?" Alex asked impressed while I shrugged inspecting the alchemy circle displayed on the page. "I'll be damned, didn't think anyone could do that," 

        "Sounds like you can," I said, my brows knitting together at the cost for this particular circle.

        "Oh stars no, I do know a bit of the holy language though," I paused to look up at him, surprised. I knew there was a handful that could read a bit of it but I didn't really think I'd find one of them in my year.

      "You know Laiyati? I've got a couple books written in it if you want to read," I offered and he chuckled, raising his brows at me. Adrian looking between us like we were insane.

       "You know the holy language as well huh? Unfortunately, I'm going to have to refuse, I'm not good enough that I could read a book of it," Humming I looked back at my book, the last two days kinda boring. The puppets running off every now and then, the dragon coming back with a group nearly as often.

      We'd already gone above the original estimate of 50 or so by nearly double all the while relaxing like we were on a camping trip. I had so little to do I've already finished the potion books I brought and moved on to alchemy. The time I didn't have far too much now. My learning process has slowed to an average level too, which made me think the school had a few tricks up their sleeves to make us learn faster.

      A couple of tricks I want to know for breaks. Especially considering the fact that the magic festival was coming up and that was usually a week off school. A week that I didn't want to waste. Glancing at the puppets as they raced in two different directions I raised my brows surprised as they hadn't done that before.

      A new tactic I suppose. Looking back at my book while they chatted about one thing or another I was looking up a second later, the dragon I was leaning against growling in a different direction. Okay...

       With a very deep breath, two more puppets were forming before me, my eyes not looking away from the direction my dragon was growling in. I didn't even give orders as they split up once more my face falling at the realization.

        "We're being surrounded!" I shouted jumping to my feet, shoving my book into my bag as they shot up just as fast.

        "How many puppets can you make?" Alex asked tossing his sword from one hand to the other Adrian already scrambling to climb on the dragon as we weren't stupid enough not o have a backup.

        "Before a burnout? Three or four more," I said tossing my bag to Adrain before throwing myself behind him, my arm reaching for Alex as he pulled himself up behind me just before a small group of professors came into view. Thrusting us into the air the wings of the dragon opened wide, just under the trees. Four more figures building on the ground while I hissed holding my shirt tight.

        "How far can we get on this?" Adrian asked in front of me while I rested my forehead on his back, taking slow even breaths, my face scrunched up in pain as my chest burned. Just as I opened my mouth to answer a long and thick spear shattering its wing while we were sent to the ground. If we fall from this height, my dragon will shatter for sure.

       "ADRIAN!" I cried clutching the back of his shirt for dear life, he seemed to understand what I was asking as the earth shot up to catch us. The force definitely breaking its legs and cracking its body but it didn't shatter. We have to get out of here

      Jumping off the dragon I stroked its face while it whiled, trying to get up, biting my lip I looked down the stretch of dirt to find many already approaching to take it down. With a clenched jaw, I took a deep breath. Glowing red circles surrounding its base in a second, the eight puppets immediately attacking those closest to them, my thumbnail meeting my teeth as I thought of any possible way out.

       "Lilith..." Alex trailed, more pouring into our camp.

       "I know!" I snapped having no magic left to fix my dragon. Again. Magic circle. I could do a magic circle. No, not strong enough. Damn it! There's only a day and a half left! Blood magic. My eyes widened as I ripped my bag off Adrian's arm and dug through it desperately. You don't need mana for anything but true magic and this wasn't all about that. It was survival.

       Frantically flipping pages I found the spell I wanted and read as fast as I could. Pushing both the bag and book into Adrian I grabbed Alex's sword and snapped it over my knee, which ached but was ignored just as fast, swiftly swiping one of the halves over my wrist I hissed but dropped to my knees. 

        Drawing the circle in a rush I bite my lip, stabbing both halves into the center and mumbled the enchantment. Hand over wrist, determined to make it. The blood circle burning as my chest heaved, the fire going out as a blinding light soon shot out.

         Falling onto my back with a sigh of relieve I watched the clear sky darken in an instant, lightning striking left and right until it was gathering in a ball that burst without a moments delay. Alex was rushing to wrap my wrist while Adrian kneeled by my side, staring at the beast I summoned. Grinning as I too looked at the holy beast I couldn't help but laugh out its orders.