Chapter 75

Crying out he reeled back holding his fist while I curled inward to hold my face. "What was that?!"

       "Mehal in my hace," I said pushing my found tooth with my tongue as it fell out with the others in my hand.

      "Are you insane?!"

       "Ahharently," I winced pulling the metal plate out from under my lip, blood pouring from my mouth. I think I'm going to cry. It hurts so much I can't even feel it anymore. He stared at me in horror while I pulled a pained toothless smile, four and a half teeth in my hands. "Wanha hry agaihn?" I offered while he took a step back.

      "I'm saying this as a friend, you have some very very serious problems," Laughing I breathed in some of my blood and was left coughing. When he stepped forward, hesitantly, I just throw my bloodied teeth in his vague direction, resulting in him stumbling to get away with wide eyes.

       Wiggling the half of the tooth the was still in my mouth as I walked over to him while he still cradled his hand I pulled it out just as I got in front of him, making him jump, in which I pushed him, little resistance offered by the none understanding boy. Who stumbled out of bounds, falling on his ass at the difference in height between the dirt and stone stage.

      "What... Did you- Did you just sacrifice your face to get me out of bounds?" I nodded, the numb throb no longer numb as my face burned with a vengeance. 

        "Oh gohs, my hace hurhs," I slurred covering my mouth with both hands but having to open it again as it filled quickly with a lot of blood. A different healer coming out to fix the freak show going on in my mouth while I stuck my tongue out so I could breathe, my nose equally broken.

       "Heesh... You... You really have problems," He mumbled helping me sit down while I gave a weak laugh, my entire front covered in my own blood.

       "Rehpeating har we?" He just looked down at me with the most concerned look humanly possible.

       "Who puts metal in their mouth knowing they'll get punched?"

       "Hinners," I grinned with a lisp, with a sigh and puffed cheeks he rubbed my back while I just help my hands out awkwardly in front of me, covered in my own blood. "I hink I'hm goonna crhy,"

      "I can see why," He said with a nervous laugh, my eyes watery as I ran my tongue over the empty space of where my teeth should be. "Stars... I- I don't even know what to say, why would you do that?"

      "I wanhed to hin," Tenderly touching my gums I found they weren't bleeding anymore as I glanced at the healer, who was behind me, her hands on the back of my neck. 

        "That bad?"

       "Hat had," I nodded spitting the blood that remained in my mouth as the pain melted to an uncomfortable ache.

       "I thought you planned to just run around? I'm still not getting why you did it,"

       "Hou're smarht, you'hd figure ouh how thoo corhner me," I rolled my eyes messaging my gums with my tongue as I could already feel them breaking the skin.

        "And if I hadn't?" Shrugging I glanced at him, a thoughtful look on his face as his default nurturing nature had him softly asking questions. As if to comfort me.

      "No harnm thun," Which would have been preferred. Very much so. Gently touching one of the teeth as they broke the skin and then some I hummed in surprise. Didn't think it'd be so fast.

       "You still have one round..." He trailed breaking out of his trance to look down at me. Only to find me prodding my new teeth. They were straighter than the last set and the canines a bit longer. 

       "Reaper," I nodded, not so worried about him. He was good at fighting but this was the biggest bet I had to make. "Good at close combat but not great, I've already fought him once, it was a pain but he's easy to read," I said running my tongue over the fully formed teeth impressed as I jumped, my nose snapping back into place.

      "You don't think he's gotten better since the festival?" He asked absentmindedly as he gently wiggled my nose, making sure it was indeed healed up.

       "Oh for sure, I even told him to his face just what his tells were, but a couple of months can't grind out habits you've had for years, especially unconscious ones. If he did manage it, which I doubt, then his form will be all over the place," I hummed while he pulled my chin, looking at my teeth carefully.

      "And if he miraculously did?" Tilting my head to the side he looked over my neck before taking my hands in his and looking them over as well. Making sure I was completely free of injuries.

       "I start running,"