Chapter 61

Names pronounced die-eth just so you know.

      "I expected you to be here, kinda had to show up, but did you have to approach me and make things awkward?" I asked flatly while I took a drink of my child friendly juice. His dead eyes didn't flicker in the least as my friends had gone off to socialize leaving me to deal with his dead but vibrate gaze.

      "I'm here to court you," Oh boy... He does not understand anything now does he?

      "Mhmm, well, let me tell you, that is not the way to do it," His brows furrowed ever so slightly while I took an ever longer drink. It really was awkward. I yelled at him the last time I saw him and practically screamed about the fact that I could read him like a book.

       "You're behaving differently," Clicking my tongue with a raised brow I tapped my wine glass full of lies.

       "Yeah, well, I don't really care how you see me because it's not like I can scare you away, personality means nothing when I fit ever other box,"

        "... I have reflected, you were right, I shouldn't have looked down on you because you're a glass user, you beat me and I've accepted that," That doesn't sound rehearsed at all. Eh, everything sounds rehearsed when he says it. 

      "I see, but, well, I don't think you have because I didn't beat you, not only did you avoid your magic but I forfeited, you won, that's that, so why are you... Trying to comfort me?" Looking him over I didn't comment on his all black tux while I took in his body language, "Is it because I'm a lead? It's totally because I'm a lead, you know, I thought you'd already picked up on the fact that I didn't have that commanding attitude," I chuckled brushing off my dress as I actually turned to talk to him properly.

     "I don't care that you won, if I did, I wouldn't have forfeited and made you use your magic, if people don't listen to me there's nothing I can do about it, I don't give orders and I couldn't care less if you happen to have the lead personality despite... The obvious," I smiled because I honestly didn't care. People listened when they had too and if they didn't they learned to next time. 

       "... Why do you say it's obvious if I have the personality that fits a lead?" He asked as I grinned at the genuine curiosity. Look, he was capable of human emotion. 

       "Well... Take me for example, I don't have the personality but when given the opportunity, I naturally take control of a situation, I don't command but I do give hints and suggestions, I explain why people should do this or that and more times than not, I'm the one they'll follow because I know trust isn't so easily given. You on the other hand,"

        "Demand loyalty, and give orders but will fall silent and take them without a second thought, not something a lead does, not even I can do, which means your a support of some variety, likely a tank or ranger, probably a ranger with the way you got away from my dragon and how you summoned a reaper at your age,"

        "You summoned Fenrir," He pointed out while I hummed finishing my glass. 

        "I was using a different circle, if I used the one you did then I'd probably have gotten something like an imperfect if not a dud," I laughed gently while mild surprise found his face. See, a human being, I just got to go a different route. "If you used the one I did, however, I doubt you'd of got a different response, maybe the grim reaper but not a holy beast, you need to know Laiyati for that,"

     "Your father-"

      "Is a special case," I sighed cutting him off not wanting to have to get into it too much, "He's loved by spirits of all kinds, he just happened to have met a holy beast and it to fell for him like it was a spirit,"

       "Loved by spirits?" He asked while I hummed leaning against the wall.

       "Rare but not impossible, I've actually got a friend who's like that but he's not a big fan of attention so he keeps it to himself,"

       "And he wouldn't care that you just told me?" His head tilted lightly like a cat while I bit my lip to hold in my laugh.

      "No, he wouldn't care, he plans to change schools anyway so even if you spread the rumor he'd be gone before you got there, any more questions? I'm more than happy to answer any,"

      "... How'd you know I was a ranger by me running from your dragon?"

      "Oh, the way you moved for sure, you were clearly used to large predators and you weren't a stranger to winged ones at that, rangers are the only thing that tames beasts, summoners don't have to worry about it turning on them if it's not trained properly," I smiled widely while he stared at me for a long moment.

       "You..." He trailed while I hummed waiting, the slight narrow to his eyes and small part in his lips already told me what he was going to say but I wanted to hear him say it. "You don't act nearly as fragile as you look," Boo, he didn't say it.

      "You know, I've been hearing that word a lot this year, whether it be how fragile I look to how fragile my magic is to even how fragile my personality is, so, if you want to say it, it's best to say it clear because I can guarantee, I already know by your tense shoulders and shift away from me," I sighed looking at the chandelier. "I promise it's actually quite the compliment,"

      "... Miss Lilith Windsor, you are a very dangerous person," Smiling I turned to look at him again, this time offering my hand as the music started, which he took.

      "Why thank you Mister Dyeth Reaper,"