Chapter 26

I slept through the next day and only woke up at the touch of a healer, a familiar laugh ringing through the air at the expression I made while questions and congratulations were thrown in my face. The moment I was separated from the healer, Alex and Adrian were throwing me on their shoulders cheering while I tried not to fall off.

     "You're the first group to ever make it past the fourth day, not to mention the points you racked up," Grinned the crazy lady I wasn't all that happy to see, confirming it was a point ranked exam. "Kid, you summoned the White freaking Stag,"

       "And nearly died," Cut in the earth elite, as curt as always while I could help what fell off my tongue next.

     "Tell me how you're doing the next time you summon the mount of the mourning." Oof, I regret that already. The death glare he gave me masking his surprise while the boys burst into a fit of laughter, making it even harder to balance on them.

      "And a fun personality? Damn, I'm gonna enjoy teaching this brat," A new voice snickered while I looked at the grinning fool that was our hunter. Teaching? Specifically me by the way it was said. Looking at my sword support professor with an accusing look she raised her hands in surrender, a grin on her face.

       "It's freaky that you know I'm the one that did it," She pointed out while I just glared not needed another teacher nor class. I had enough as it was.

       "Yeah well, you say everything's 'freaky' when it comes to me," I grunted patting the broad shoulders I was placed on, not liking being there. I wasn't a fan of unstable things. They carefully put me down while I stretched, glancing at the dragon that was being stared at by many. Where were the puppets? "Guys, where are my puppets?" I asked, cutting into their conversation.

       Alex handed me eight black crystals and Adrian gave me my bag, thanking them I looked over the smooth crystals that heavily resembled marbles. They were even the same size. Sliding them into my pocket I ignored those around me and looked through my bag for the book I feared was damaged from the rough treatment it was given in my haste.

        Finding it I flicked through the pages slowly, finding not even a page had so much as a crease, which was rather relieving considering how rough I was with it. Sliding it back in place I looked at those around me until my gaze found the large board with teams and points that was being gone over by professors. I didn't see any of our names so I was left to believe they simply haven't gotten to us as they did have many groups to go through.

      Rubbing my shoulder with a sigh I looked at the sky, the sun going down but everyone still out, talking about one thing or another. I kinda got used to talking with others, not to mention have my dragon to lean again. I wasn't even sure why I enjoyed it so much but my magic seemed to hum at the touch of the dragon, which was equally fast to found my touch.

      Maybe it was due to compatible magic or because I was the one to create it and both our magic recognized each other as being well... Our other half? It would make sense, being away from it often left me with a cold empty feeling in the pit of my stomach, which would fill the moment I was within reach of the dragon. I should probably look into that... As well as summoning, blood magic while I'm at it.

       Summoning was so hard. Mentally and physically, all for a single task that did actually solve the problem I was facing, though, the problem was small if I really thought about it but it was the biggest thing in at the time. Had I been aware no one got past the fourth day I would have likely let them take us in.

       My mind wondering to the order I gave and the blinding light that followed I looked at my still wrapped wrist, slowly pulling off the meaningless bandages. "Get us to safety,". A simple and safe command to give, I didn't think a crash of lightning would have been used to teleport us. Legendary magic, not even the best of spacial mages could use, well, other than Vixen but she seemed to be able to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted.

        Those glowing blue eyes as they stared at me, electricity cracking between its antlers, only for it to turn away from me with its head high. Springing into the sky to run through the stars as it should. With a crackle of lightning the beast returning to the spiritual realm where it belonged, leaving me with the memory of those electric leaking eyes and the beautifully majestic image of its snow white fur while it put off the softest of a blue glow.

       A beast fit only for the gods. One I summoned before a very large crowd. Glancing around me as it weighed on me how big of a deal it had been I found I was being stared at by many but no one approached to speak with me. I really shouldn't have done that. Looking back at my wrist I found a diagonal scar wrapping around the sides of my wrist. 

       I suppose blood wasn't the only price I'd pay.